Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you fail all your exams?

• 01-10-2008 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

If for instance with CPA Prof 1 exams you fail to get past this stage after the 4 attempts you get, what happens? Are you just simply told not to come back or can you just reapply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Is it not the case you lose the exams you passed while attempting the four and go back to squre 1?

i.e. over the life of 4 (or 5) attempts you had passed 3 of the four exams you lose the 3, but the 4 attempts starts all over again. That’s what I thought anyway.

Either way this rule is a major disadvantage of taking the CPM exams, imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Wow - in that case I wouldn't touch CPA with a barge pole if I were a student! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

smcgiff wrote: »
    Wow - in that case I wouldn't touch CPA with a barge pole if I were a student! :eek:

ICAI is the same isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Failed Salesman

Hanley wrote: »
    ICAI is the same isn't it?

Technically it is, but I've heard from my best friends girlfriends cousins dog (ie don't take this as gospel) that people have been allowed to resit an exam a fifth, or even sixth time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

that's been true in the past but most firms have taken a "2 strikes and you're out" approach this year. understandable given the climate.

Advertisement