Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When it's dark...use LIGHTS!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Meh, you can get a set of jeweller's screwdrivers for next to nothing, handy to have as well.
    Sure, bit of a drawback if you find yourself wanting to replace the batteries away from home though- I was out with someone who was rather struggling with it! The Smart is a standard use coin or key to pop open type. Drawback of that of course is that there is more of a possibility the light will separate accidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    Sure, bit of a drawback if you find yourself wanting to replace the batteries away from home though- I was out with someone who was rather struggling with it!

Yes, it took me a solid 20 minutes to get the damn battery changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

On a related note , is it possible to find a Sam Browne belt with leds?
    I've flashing bits on my ankles and arms, back of the bike and front, but the middle bit..ie my torso isnt lit up, a flashing Sam Browne would be pretty good i reckon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Niteize do a vest with glowing strips.

sportvest_main.jpg

Really though, like Tunney (again), I've given up on christmas tree stuff. I have a very bright front light and two smart 1/2 watts on the back. One blinking on me, one steady on the bike. Handy to have a light on your person if you come off the bike. Good quality reliable bright lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I don't understand why people show such reckless disregard for their own safety. It's quite obvious to anyone that a dark cyclist is nearly invisible from the inside of a car. You don't need to be a driver.
    Lumen wrote: »
    A paintball gun loaded with fluorescent pain would provide a considerate and satisfying retribution.

"fluorescent pain", that's just great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Supercell wrote: »
    On a related note , is it possible to find a Sam Browne belt with leds?
    I've flashing bits on my ankles and arms, back of the bike and front, but the middle bit..ie my torso isnt lit up, a flashing Sam Browne would be pretty good i reckon.

I've a vest with two lines of flashing lights, I haven't been wearing as it makes me look like a christmas tree, and its a bit small tbh. I've a good 5 LED flashing light on the front and a good rear red led with white strobe. I've a hi vis cycling jacket which is wind proof so I usually wear that.

Crazy the number of unlit cyclists, they tend to be the ones that break all lights and cycle up the instead of trucks at junctions.

Advertisement