Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Connection poor on one PC

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have Asus laptop with Intel Pro/Wireless card 3945ABG network card running the latest drivers and I am connecto to a Netgear router.
    My problem is that I have a 20MB internet connection and when I run a speed test (www.speedtest.net) I get very odd results.
    If i am wired directly to Modem - 19800Kbps
    IF I am wired to the router - 15500kbps
    If my I use my wireless connection - 5400kbps very very little.

I did the same test with a Dell Inspiron 6400 and I got same results but on the wireless test I got 15000kbps. So something is wrong with my wireless connection but i dont know what. I unistalled the wireless card and drivers and Intel applications. reboot computer and it auto detect new hardware and installed using windows XP tool and still i get the same results. I have bring my router to factory defaults if case problem was with any IP routing but still I have no results. I tried with antivirus and firewall off anf the results are the same.

What can this be? Will I have to format my OS?

Any comments are appreciated.
    Thanks alot.
    Larbac

Advertisement