Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 2 Start Dates

• 01-10-2008 11:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Are these starting the week after next??? The week beginning 13th October?

Anyone know whether it's going to be midweek or weekend?? I'm doing it in RCSI if that matters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Hanley wrote: »
    Are these starting the week after next??? The week beginning 13th October?

Anyone know whether it's going to be midweek or weekend?? I'm doing it in RCSI if that matters.

How do you know where you're doing it? I haven't found that out yet. I got a letter saying courses start 11th Oct (Saturday week). That's about all I know though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Kelso wrote: »
    How do you know where you're doing it? I haven't found that out yet. I got a letter saying courses start 11th Oct (Saturday week). That's about all I know though

We got the choice before we were enrolled. AFAIK there's only two locations, RCSI and NCI.

And all I can say to the weekend dates is; fúck.

Yeah I agree about the weekend! I'm hoping it's just for some or just the very odd weekend.

God I hope I'm in the RCSI too, I'll be well annoyed if I end up in NCI

Yeah I agree about the weekend! I'm hoping it's just for some or just the very odd weekend.

God I hope I'm in the RCSI too, I'll be well annoyed if I end up in NCI

Well for CAP 1 it seems to be on at least every second weekend. If not more often. So I imagine we'll be the same. Sh!t buzz much??

And lol.. I spent the last 4 years in NCI. I need a break from there!

That would be absolutely sick! I could see myself turning up for a lot of lectures half drunk from d night before and falling asleep!

Yeah I live and work on the southside myself so will be pretty sick if I end up in NCI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

That would be absolutely sick! I could see myself turning up for a lot of lectures half drunk from d night before and falling asleep!

Yeah I live and work on the southside myself so will be pretty sick if I end up in NCI

Lads, if its anything like Prof 3 lectures there will nobody there anyway

I was in NCI group but any lectures i went to were in RCSI. there was no attendance taken so wasnt a problem

Around december i emailed ICAI saying i wasnt going to NCI lecutures so could they please send me the RSCI time table instead - and they without a bother

Dont worrry about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ladystar66

well this year they claim that they are taking attendance and you need 75%, it's in an attempt to improve last year's marks. i tell you cap 2 is not gonna be pretty, no compensation and these weekend lectures.. starting to wonder what have i let myself it for.

Timetables up on the icai website now. I'm in RCSI too-its absolutely sick! In every Saturday and Sunday from 930-1730!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There's no way I'll make half those classes, total joke!

Timetables up on the icai website now. I'm in RCSI too-its absolutely sick! In every Saturday and Sunday from 930-1730!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There's no way I'll make half those classes, total joke!

That's absolutely fúcking disgraceful. Seriously like. What sorta of a fúcking idiot is organising all this??? Basically 7 day work weeks??? Fúcking great.

Looking now it seems to be every second week but sometimes have 2 in a row. It really is disgraceful. I reckon it might have something to do with them clamping down on attendance and the firms wanting trainees available for overtime during the week as much as possible-just a guess though. Really is disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Failed Salesman

ladystar66 wrote: »
    well this year they claim that they are taking attendance and you need 75%, it's in an attempt to improve last year's marks.

They claimed that at the start of last years CAP 1 lectures as well, and also said that attendance of the mocks was mandatory for you to be allowed to take your exams. I think we all know how that turned out :)

Oh, and first post here, hello!

Advertisement