Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Question.

Options
  • 01-10-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered broadband and phoneline off eircom 2 weeks ago. Man came in and connected phone line so now I have a house phone but I mainly got it for broadband and I'm wondering if I have to wait for them to send me that netopia router or can I start using the broadband now because the box on the wall has a port for a phoneline and also a port that has a picture of a computer beside it so I gather thats for the broadband....

I have tried using it but no luck...

Just wondering if anyone could help me and answer my question please....

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

yeah Sounds like the Socket on the wall is a proper Eircom Dsl filter socket.. Filtered phone line on the rhs and feed for your dsl router on the left.. (you could stilluse it to dial up) But obviously you'll need the router to connect at BB speeds.. To speed it up you could ring and ask when may you expect the router and service to start etc etc..otherwise it'll prob arive any day or minute now and Hopefully the service will be activated ..other wise your dsl light (on router) will blink..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Thanks Cat...So my only option is to wait for the router then yeah....

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

NO ring them up and annoy them only way to speed things up tbh

MC

Why does it really take them that long to send it out?

Queries on your eircom broadband order (1800 503 303)
    Need an update on your broadband order. The planned delivery time for broadband orders is 15 working days

Got that from the eircom website....

Should I just hold out or annoy the hell outta them :D:D

• Advertisement

Annoy annoy annoy, Jeez just get them on the blower already.... :)

Sure Give them a call...If nothing else. You'll feel better after it.:) ..prob wont do any good it'll arrive before the person that answers the phone actually does anything:D

Funny thing, a friend ordered BB from €ircon, as they are the only providers on their exchange, about three weeks ago

One day I was passing a linesman up checking some well.... lines and asked how long does it normally take for the provisioning in the area (informing him how long it was since the order) and he said he'd be surprised if it wasn't already done (this being about 5 days after the order) and if the modem didn't arrive in the early days of the following week (this being a Friday) to give them a call and see where it is.

So Tuesday comes and no sign so they decide to give the nice script monkeys in CS a call and they tell them that it isn't meant to be active for another week or so and that the modem will be sent out later that week, all fine... until they are just off the phone when SDS comes to the door with the modem, plugged it in and are on-line straight away.

Sometimes the zoo keeper should really mind the monkeys better...

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 TradeSoul

You don't actually need to use the eircom supplied router to connect if the line is setup. You can use any ADSL router once the settings are correct. You can get them from http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net

The only problem is though that eircom wont support any other hardware other than the Netopia router they supply. So it might be just as well to wait for the router to arrive.

Thanks for your post's lads....

I might get on the blower just to have a good laugh :D:D

I will let you know how I get on....

It better come this week or heads shall roll....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

rvd156 wrote: »
    Thanks for your post's lads....

I might get on the blower just to have a good laugh :D:D

I will let you know how I get on....

It better come this week or heads shall roll....

I ordered mine last friday week, rang them the following monday saying it would be great if i got set up soon as i need it for work blah blah. got the router 2 days later and dsl on thr friday, 5 days in total, happy days!!!

they decide to give the nice script monkeys in CS a call and they tell them that it isn't meant to be active for another week or so and that the modem will be sent out later that week, all fine... until they are just off the phone when SDS comes to the door with the modem, plugged it in and are on-line straight away.

MC

Thats it in a nutshell.. :D..They are indeed script monkeys :eek://they know nothing.. they'd tell you its on is way cos they know it'll arrive any day anyhow..:D

Really thought it would arrive yesterday after me posting this haha but no still hasn't arrived....

Yeah I was thinking of ringing and saying I needed it for work purposes....

Will do that later for the craic.....

Cheers lad's....:D

Ok so I still havn't received my router yet off eircom....Getting to be a bit of a joke I would think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

can take up to 10 working days
    chance are ya`ll have it by friday

gl

I ordered it like 3 weeks ago....

Well over 10 working days.....

Just gonna ring the twats...

Finally arrived yesteday....

Rang them last thursday and they told me that I hadn't order broadband...

Which I bloody well did...Then they wouldn't let me order it online because they said that I might not be able to get broadband in my area...When I know for a fact that I can as the whole bloody town has it.....

Told me I had to pay €30 odd.....So I told them to shove the broadband and the phoneline up their ****......

Then they gave it to me for free.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Finally arrived yesteday....

Rang them last thursday and they told me that I hadn't order broadband...

Which I bloody well did...Then they wouldn't let me order it online because they said that I might not be able to get broadband in my area...When I know for a fact that I can as the whole bloody town has it.....

Told me I had to pay €30 odd.....So I told them to shove the broadband and the phoneline up their ****......

Then they gave it to me for free.....;)
    Just because everyone else in town has it doesn't mean you can get it, its all to do with the quality of your individual line and nothing to do with how many other people in the town have it.

yeah yeah I know that but I rang a day before that and they tested my line and told me I could get up to 3MB broadband and still wouldn't let me order online....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I guess I had one of the €ircom happier stories, I ordered mine last week and exactly ten days later it arrived! It took all of 4 minutes to set it up and connected pretty much straight away at near full speed 3Mb's, hope it stays that way! :D

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I guess I had one of the €ircom happier stories, I ordered mine last week and exactly ten days later it arrived! It took all of 4 minutes to set it up and connected pretty much straight away at near full speed 3Mb's, hope it stays that way! :D

Glad that went well for you....

I havn't had a chance to set it up.....Will do it tonight....

Hope it works...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭barneyeile

Did it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Why does it really take them that long to send it out?

Why couldn't the engineer just bring one with him or have a few in the van. They must have known that broadband had been ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

In the majority of cases the router will arriver before the engineer.

Ring them up and find out where it is.

Line may actually be live as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Glad that went well for you....

I havn't had a chance to set it up.....Will do it tonight....

Hope it works...

Give me a shout if you get stuck on any part of setting it up, but you shouldn't because its very easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Give me a shout if you get stuck on any part of setting it up, but you shouldn't because its very easy!

Yep, just make sure you look at the double socketed filters. One side has a picture of a pc monitor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

ok first of all we're NOT script monkeys, and by ringing us up it doesnt speed up any orders, our routers are sent from a warehouse that the agents dont have any contact with, we can trace where you modem is but we cant get it to you any quicker. You dont need your modem until the day you are connected anyways, and if you dont have it by then its the postal service that havent delivered it to you. Just call us, ask for the tracking number and you can track it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

Funny thing, a friend ordered BB from €ircon, as they are the only providers on their exchange, about three weeks ago

One day I was passing a linesman up checking some well.... lines and asked how long does it normally take for the provisioning in the area (informing him how long it was since the order) and he said he'd be surprised if it wasn't already done (this being about 5 days after the order) and if the modem didn't arrive in the early days of the following week (this being a Friday) to give them a call and see where it is.

So Tuesday comes and no sign so they decide to give the nice script monkeys in CS a call and they tell them that it isn't meant to be active for another week or so and that the modem will be sent out later that week, all fine... until they are just off the phone when SDS comes to the door with the modem, plugged it in and are on-line straight away.

MC

We set up appointments for the day BB is due to be switched on, depending on how busy the techs in the exchange are you could have the BB earlier than expected.

Advertisement