Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kearneys/Barge Rooms

• 01-10-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Heard the nite club opened, any good? When is the rest opening??? Anyone know!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

my mate says its just an extension of the queens, ****ty drink ****ty music and staff, people packed in like sheep, given slop to drink then hunted out the door again, i heard they closed at half 12 last sat, something do with no licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

BOBBY wrote: »
    my mate says its just an extension of the queens, ****ty drink ****ty music and staff, people packed in like sheep, given slop to drink then hunted out the door again, i heard they closed at half 12 last sat, something do with no licence
    I hope they weren't charging at the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I really hate the music in the Queens. It's permanently stuck in 1997 or something.

As far as I'm concerned a DJ should mix his music. 90% of the clubs in this country just have a guy with CD's hitting play. ****ing disgrace to have to pay money for that. People are so used to lazy DJ's they don't know any better.

I really hate the music in the Queens. It's permanently stuck in 1997 or something.

As far as I'm concerned a DJ should mix his music. 90% of the clubs in this country just have a guy with CD's hitting play. ****ing disgrace to have to pay money for that. People are so used to lazy DJ's they don't know any better.

Sometimes the DJs have no choice, they are often told by management what to play as was the case in Pockets for about 8 years. Ennis lacks a good night club full stop. The acoustics in the Queens is pathetic, the bins (Subs) haven't been working properly for the last 5 years, most of the Gobos are out of action, either missing bulbs they don't know how to use the laser because they rarely have the fogger on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Brandons circa 1995 ftw !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Well it's not just the DJ's and management of course. I blame the punters, and more specifically women. Young wans want to hear chart stuff they've been listening to on the radio all week, interspersed with overplayed cheese like Abba and Grease. They'll tolerate a little bit of dance so long as it's pop-dance and has a bird wailing over it.

Where the women go, the men follow.

I just want to go to a club/pub once in a while and hear something I don't recognise within 3 seconds. Looking for that in Ennis is massively overly optimistic though. Out of the 10 or so clubs in Cork city there are only one or two that play anything other than chart hits or happy hardcore drivel from the 90's.

I was in a 'nightclub' in Tipperary town a couple of weeks ago. God help us.. every single song had cymbal percussion hits all the way through and pitched up Scooter style female vocals. It's no wonder they have so many incidents of violence in the place.

On a side note, I did go to see an excellent DJ set in Ennis as part of the (choral?) festival about 3 months ago. It was above Brogans pub. Full funk, soul, hiphop and dubstep set. ****ing amazing stuff and good speakers. There was some talk of making it a monthly night but we'll have to see.

I thought that place was a Chemest :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought that place was a Chemest :D
    Nah, you need a prescription for a chemist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Brandonios circa half one ftw! Where else in town do you get Rage, soundgarden and all that? Nowhere!

Advertisement