Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper Or Shooter gaming

Options
  • 01-10-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

:cool:Can anyone tell me where to find Sniper or Shooter (pref Sniper)
    games online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

very few online games portray the concept of the sniper very well, most of them ahve a sniper class or variant but none do it really well.

I suggest day of defeat, team fortress 2 or call of duty 4 for your sniper needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lockyjpl

Thought so, could'nt find much myself, ta anyway for the reply:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

COD4 has some good sniper moments well 1 real sniper situation where you have to hit a target over 1km away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

tba wrote: »
    I suggest day of defeat, team fortress 2 or call of duty 4 for your sniper needs.

eh..no....definatly no...and only in SP
    KilOit wrote: »
    COD4 has some good sniper moments well 1 real sniper situation where you have to hit a target over 1km away

Cod is **** enough for sniping in MP, best ever level EVAR in the SP mode where your in the ghille suit, but imo, MP is **** for sniper.

battlefield bad company on xbox360. thats a DECENT sniping game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Dunno about online, but check out Operation Flashpoint or Armed Assult (Operation Flashpoint 2). They are more sims then shooters and sniping is very difficult, but much more rewarding when you get that headshot :) They are very buggy from fresh install so need a number of patches to be playable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Insurgency - though I don't know how active the servers are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Sniper Elite, Rainbow Six las Vegas 2, All of the call of duty games, Silent scope games, halo 3, battlefield 2: modern combat, gears of war, shadowrun, GRAW 1 + 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Otacon wrote: »
    Insurgency - though I don't know how active the servers are now.

Still going alright, was playing a few nights ago.

Siper elite as mentioned before is all I can think of which is pretty much all about sniping rather than run and gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not trying to promote it but its completely free to download and play, AmericasArmy (which is funded by the American Department of Defence to help with U.S. Army recruitment) Wiki could suit your needs as a sniper game, like Operation Flashpoint or Arma its a simulator as opposed to a shooter. You might have to sit in the bushes for 2-3 hours for your target to appear tho as its set in real time. AFAIK You've even gotta do medic training including CPR tests to allow You play online, thats how real they try to make this. It helped this guy tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

COD4 is quite good for sniping but really only online and if you have a good connection .If you want a single player game and have a pc Sniper elite is great but old watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6p4mM489B4
    there isn't really much options if your a console gamer(xbox 360 or ps3)
    Hope this helps:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 lockyjpl

Thanks guys, the replies are great, i'm gonna try a few of these out, new to all this, both blogs and online gaming:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MDK 1 or 2.
    Original & best!

Advertisement