Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisla Krakow Game - 2nd leg

Options
  • 01-10-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

LATEST NEWS
    Important: Wisla KO change
    We have just been advised by Wisla Krakow that the kick-off time for Thursday's UEFA Cup tie is 3.40pm local time (2.40pm UK time) and not 4pm local time as initially stated.

Does anyone know if this game is being shown live on television?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Just found out it's on Setanta Ireland. Coverage begins at 2.30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

ruiseal wrote: »
    Just found out it's on Setanta Ireland. Coverage begins at 2.30 pm.

Lovely, I thought it was on Chan 5 only, happy days. Yid Army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lovely, I thought it was on Chan 5 only, happy days. Yid Army
    You will wish you couldn't have watched it by the end - This is a lose for us - The intimidation alone from the crowd on our already fragile players will kill us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK_5z...eature=related)
    no to mention, we only just beat them at WHL.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

John W wrote: »
    You will wish you couldn't have watched it by the end - This is a lose for us - The intimidation alone from the crowd on our already fragile players will kill us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK_5z...eature=related)
    no to mention, we only just beat them at WHL.:rolleyes:

Im not too sure fella, I think we might scrape tru this one.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Im not too sure fella, I think we might scrape tru this one.

Hope your right, but I just don't see it. The last thing a lot of these young lads need right now is the intimidation and abuse they are going to get when they hit that stadium tomorrow - especially if things don't go right for us immediately.

Sorry, I just don't think, this team, at this time, are up for the job - Guess we will know this time tomorrow!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I dont rate the opposition - so if we turn up with a bit of bottle (a change) we'll go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We need this win so badly our euro campaign cant end this early,it could be a while before we see another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Each and every player needs to step up their game.

No half measures, blood and thunder is required and solid leadership.

We have some skillful players and with the right attitude we could start to turn our season around, starting by getting to the Group stages of this cup.

Maybe the team/positions in the Chelsea game should start.

:pac: Come on you Spurs

spurs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I dont rate this polish team , think were well capable of getting an away goal , worst case scenario is we'll draw the game i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

galinka wrote: »
    I dont rate the opposition - so if we turn up with a bit of bottle (a change) we'll go through.

I hope you are right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

BERBA wrote: »
    I dont rate this polish team , think were well capable of getting an away goal , worst case scenario is we'll draw the game i reckon.

Hate always being right! :D, something to build on anyhow , roll on sunday against hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Jaysus, by the sounds of things it was a real skin of the teeth job. Gomes saved the day numerous times. Not pleasant reading the BBC text! Still, a win is a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Well we held on at the end by the skin of our teeth but a win is a win, roll on Sunday. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Watched it on the web - awful defending and bad finishing nearly gave me heartache.
    Soft goal they got - why did Gomes come out.
    If you see highlights - the last 10 minutes were nail biting.

Anyway we are through!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Kinda glad i didn't see it live, heart stopping stuff near the end from what i just seen on tv3 highlights. but were in the draw so heads up until Sunday at least.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

didnt see the game read the reports.

did we deserve the draw? it says on the match tracker campbell got the goal but everywhere else puts it down as an o.g. any one wanna clear that up for me?

was the game worht watching and have we improved any? missed the pompey game too! comment on that would be appreciated too!

:mad:To say we rode our luck is an understatement, any bit of luck we had missed we used up yesterday afternoon. Own goal, Penalty Hand ball by Zok not given, Stadium under construction, and game played in the sunshine instead of night, so not near the intimidating cauldron we expected.

Wisla said they would come out of the traps attacking, but they did nothing of the sort - This was a terrible game from start to finish, we played terrible, no movement, no passing, no aggression, and even worse our two CB's Woody and King were awful, no communication or awareness of other players positions (LB's Bale and Gunter were always to far forward and Woody and Ledders didn't cover them too well).

As for the midfield, well Modric was non existent and Jenas and Zok could not tackle or track mid-fielders, they constantly let them run and left woody and Ledders outnumbered. Only for the fact we were playing a bunch of poor finishers, we would have, and should have been out!

Managerial decisions terrible again, started way to defensively, had 5 across the middle, with no Bentley (the only man in the team to play and win at this stadium before?) Now here is a formation I never would have dreamt of in a thousand years, but Ramos seemed to come up with it. Lennon, Zok, Jenas, Modric, Campbell, yes Campbell wide right.

We got a goal, it was a good cross from bale from the left (about the only descent thing he did all game) and the Wisla striker under pressure from Campbell (who was probably our best player) put it into his own net 1-0 spurs, Did we push on from there, nooooooooooo!

Eventually, after few good chances they scored a comedy defencive goal, Woody turned like a schoolboy, ledders out of position and Gomes running out like a mad man for a ball he would never get, only for the striker to tap it over his head into an empty net, just pitiful.

Of course there were then the inevitable changes from Ramos at 1-1

First of all he brings off our best player on the night, and for me the only one who looked lively enough to get a goal, Campbell - and then instead of bringing on Dos Santos to replace him at LM he brings on O'Hara!! Modric soon departs also, and who does he bring on to shore up defensively, you guessed it DAWSON!:eek:

So for the last 10 Min's it was behind the sofa time as spurs now with 3 CB's and just about the rest of the team in defence! So we basically defend wave after wave (not that they were that good) and then hoofed it back up to them on the half way line, it was just schoolboy stuff, just a nightmare to watch!

Positive is we won, but as to progressing any further, you must be joking, we have had our get out of jail card.

As for Sunday against Hull, if we play like yesterday, a team like Hull will absolutely destroy us!

Things look bleak, and will do for a while to come - I have faith that we will turn it around before the end of the season, but it will take a long time, there is a lot here for the players and management to learn, but learn they must, because yesterday was without a doubt the worse I have seen Spurs play!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

John W wrote: »
    So for the last 10 Min's it was behind the sofa time as spurs now with 3 CB's and just about the rest of the team in defence! So we basically defend wave after wave (not that they were that good) and then hoofed it back up to them on the half way line, it was just schoolboy stuff, just a nightmare to watch!

I only managed to catch the last ten mins and John W expresses my sentiments perfectly.

A minor positive is, we now get another three Uefa games to take our mind off the disastrous league campaign.

Advertisement