Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT broadband upgrades

Options
  • 01-10-2008 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Hi, There was a lot of hype a while back of BT upgrading broadband speeds on various packages. e.g. 8MB download.

But there was no mention of people on the 1MB package. This is what I'm currently on and I don't feel like spending any more money on bills at the moment. I have a full phone/line rental/broadband package with BT.

Does anyone know if this will be included? I phoned their customer support but the guy couldn't help /didn't know except to suggest he put me through to sales and I pay for an upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nope, eircom didn't upgrade the 1Mb subscribers so you won't get any free upgrade

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

What's the relevance of Eircom? Is it coz they own the Exchanges?

I avoided going with Eircom as their bundles also cost a few quid more, and always had slightly less (e.g. free landline calls - but only after 8pm, etc). BT was more for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Unless you are on a BT or Smart LLU exchange then you just get eircom products resold under the (insert name) provider.

MC

Advertisement