Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silent Hill homecoming

• 01-10-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know the release date for this?

also any recommendations for a survival horror besides alone in the dark?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Release date is yesterday for the US and Japanese versions with the European release coming at the end of the month (think its October 30th). The US version has been confirmed as not being region free by videogamesplus but so far the Japanese version is unknown with a couple of folk on ebay saying it is.

If you want it early my advice is to keep an eye on play-asia for when they test the game and update the listing.

As for survival horror recommendations, kotaku did an interesting article on the history of them but off the top of my head: Forbidden Siren, Project Zero, Silent Hill 1-4 and the new Siren:Blood Curse episodes on the PS3. Worth keeping an eye on is Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii (japan-only for now) and of course Dead Space out in 2 weeks on the 360.

If you're new to the Silent Hill series 1-4 can be picked up/downloaded for the PC easy and cheaply enough (1 only playable via a ps1 emulator but works perfectly :cool:) or you can hunt for the console versions. I can't recommend Silent Hill 2 highly enough. :)

If you only have access to a 360 Condemned and Condemned 2 are pretty decent plus dirt cheap at this stage. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It was out in the US yesterday, in Europe at the end of the month :(
    Not getting great reviews either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

mcgovern wrote: »
    It was out in the US yesterday, in Europe at the end of the month :(
    Not getting great reviews either

They've been mixed so far, some stellar, some IGN. On the plus side its gotta be better than Alone in the Dark. This kinda sounds like it hits the mark: http://kotaku.com/5056995/silent-hill-homecoming-review-hello-zombie-nurse

Sounds like a solid entry in the franchise, but nothing more than that. Good enough for me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I only played the first Silent Hill extensively, great game back in the day. The others just didn't really do anything for me, especially the 4th (The Room) which i found incredibly dull. Hopefully this new one is a big improvement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Hoping this is good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've only played the first one, but it was pretty good. The controls were a little stiff, but better than Alone in the Dark. I might pick this one up cheap some time!

This has been put back to February for us Europeans, Konami haven't said why yet. It's already out in the states so it's a strange move!

Wow, that's quite a delay!

Mr. K wrote: »
    Wow, that's quite a delay!

Indeedios! tis a strange one alright. Maybe they just don't wanna go head to head with all the AAA games that are out over here in the next few months....

Indeed, maybe it's not selling too well in the US. As long as it isn't too close to RE5 on March 13th, they might be better off with a February release. Still, it kinda reminds me of the bad old days when we had to wait months longer for everything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That release delay is pretty damn sucky, might pick this up for the PS3 in that case...
    Seems to be getting alright scores on metacritic so far, doesn't seem to be anything astounding, but should provide a bit of entertainment for a fan of the series

Advertisement