Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good MP3 player with good sound?

• 01-10-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have an ipod 80gig which I use on holidays or whatever but I think the sound quality is brutal. I had a creative before which I thought was excellent, close to cd quality, not tin-ey like the ipod.

I am looking for an mp3 player for running and gym work, one that I can strap to my arm. Doesnt have to be massive memory, 4gig+ is great. Anyone know of any good deals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

engrish? wrote: »
    Hey,

I have an ipod 80gig which I use on holidays or whatever but I think the sound quality is brutal. I had a creative before which I thought was excellent, close to cd quality, not tin-ey like the ipod.

I am looking for an mp3 player for running and gym work, one that I can strap to my arm. Doesnt have to be massive memory, 4gig+ is great. Anyone know of any good deals?

Are you sure it's the ipod that's the problem? Have you tried high quality headphones with it instead of the standard one? Might be a good first step if you haven't already done so.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Do-more wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the ipod that's the problem? Have you tried high quality headphones with it instead of the standard one? Might be a good first step if you haven't already done so.

Yeah I have expensive in ears and expensive over ears. Neither give me the quality that I had with creative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dermie

creative x-fi. brand new, comes with good in-ear earphones. bout the size of a credit card - sound quality excellent. Bought one myself - cheapest on creative website. Very nice altogether.

• Moderators Posts: 51,817 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

engrish? wrote: »
    Hey,

Have you tried changing the EQ setting on the ipod? The default sound setting was rubbish, but if you try different EQ settings you might be happier with the sound.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i just bought the new nano and im extremely happy with the sound quality... but not the price :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

You could have gotten a Creative Zen V 2Gb for €28 delivered during the week as they had a refurb. sale on with free postage.

Sound is supposed to be excellent.

I accidentally ordered two so I will be popping one up on adverts.ie as soon as it turns up on Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Did you import the tracks on iTunes or copy over the tracks already ripped on the Creative? If you used iTunes you may not have used the best conversion rate - there's absolutely no reason why an iPod would have poor quality sound unless the music was ripped at a lower bitrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Cowon iAudio S9 is widely regarded as having the best sound by some distance.

Flash based so comes in 8gb and 16gb flavours check out AMP3.co.uk 16GB 8GB

The iAudio D2 too also has savage sound if the S9 is a little bit too high-tech

Edit: Oh just read that you'd be wanting to strap it to your arm. The D2 is probably a better option so. Again different capacities available, SDHC upgrade, and option of DAB or FM radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Old Pretender

Just got myself the Cowon s9 the other day and I have to say the sound quality is amazing. It doesn't distort even when the volume is pushed up. Using a set of Senn 300s which just add to the quality. I had an X5 and thought it had a great sound. This is even better. I find myself laughing at the quality and depth of sound. You hear background instruments you were never aware of whilst listening to familiar tracks. I bought the S9 for sound quality and so far have not been disappointed. It has a few quirks around UI but you get used to it after a few days. Great video too.

Advertisement