Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Marathon Reccomendation

• 01-10-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi all -

Im looking for to a Marathon in Spring of 2009 to help keep me focused and motivated over the dark of the winter months. I did Paris last year and it was fantastic so Im looking for somewhere different.

What Im looking for

- Flat and Fast as possible. Ie. not Rome
    - Predicatable, not too hot, not too cold weather
    - Not hugely worried about number of runners, small or large wont matter.

Any reccomendations??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭deadlybuzz

Hi there,
    You could check out the Marathon Reviews thread on this board for some descriptions. Some possibles in the Spring are Rotterdam, Edinburgh, Barcelona, which between them should have what you are looking for, and all fairly convenient for travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Euchrid

Don't even think about it. Sign yourself up for Barcelona!! :-) I did Edinburgh and Barcelona this year and both are fairly fast courses, but I'd have to recommend Barcelona. Nice course and a great city to spend a few days in. If you book in time it's also easy to get cheap flights.

I've no experience myself, but friends have told me that Seville, which is around the same tiime, is a good one and a very fast course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Seville in February, flat (13 meters is the total change in elevation for the race). Teeshirt temperature without being too hot to run in. super city for a weekend. cheap as chips to enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭trinewbie

Cheers folks -

Seville look like the best option TBH, great reports all round. Gonna register pretty soon as I have the training motivation of a Sloth at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alstro5

Check out this one. I hope to do it next year with a friend who lives nearby, also cheap Ryanair flights to Basil.

http://www.marathon-freiburg.com/index.php

http://www.marathon-freiburg.com/fm_09_online_flyer_EN.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 alstro5

Sorry meant to type Basel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mike_23

Hi there! I'm new on this forum. I'm looking for people who like me are going to take part in Cracovia Marathon which is held in Poland on 26th of April 2009.

As I know the accomodation is included in the entry fee. The day before Marathon is "Pata Party" for all people who are going to compete in marathon.
    I wonder how many people are going to take part in Cracovia Marathon??? I don't like large number of runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Looking at last year's results, 1,350 finishers, and was won in 2:13. Are you from Krakow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

alstro5 wrote: »
    Check out this one. I hope to do it next year with a friend who lives nearby, also cheap Ryanair flights to Basil.

http://www.marathon-freiburg.com/index.php

http://www.marathon-freiburg.com/fm_09_online_flyer_EN.pdf

Sorry to be the down-beat and to rain on your parade, but they announced Basel as one of the routes they're scrapping over the next couple of months. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

trinewbie wrote: »
    Cheers folks -

Seville look like the best option TBH, great reports all round. Gonna register pretty soon as I have the training motivation of a Sloth at the moment.

I ran Seville this year and had a really good experience. Excellent organization, dead flat and easy and 15 Euro entrace fee is nothing.
    Nice Sunny weather too - quite cool early in the morning when you are running (race starts at 9).

Only real issue is that its not great for flight connections from Ireland.
    I had to fly to Madrid and take a train down which added a lot to the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

mithril wrote: »

Strange.. My wife flew Dublin-Seville direct in Oct 08. Also, i just checked Ryanair website and flight still exists.
    I hope it still will in Feb 2010 as Seville is on my list of Marathon to run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mithril wrote: »
    Only real issue is that its not great for flight connections from Ireland.
    Out of curiosity, would it have been easier to fly into Faro or Malaga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Ryanair's flight to Seville is Summer only and did not run in February (this year anyway).

I checked Malaga and it awkward getting a connection from the airport to Seville.

I did not think of Faro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mike_23

Looking at last year's results, 1,350 finishers, and was won in 2:13. Are you from Krakow?

That's really amazing. :cool: I haven't noticed this information. At the moment I'm living in Warsaw - the capital of Poland but I come from Spain. Are you going to compete in Cracovia Marathon?? I heard this marathon isn't so hard, but I just want to enjoy of taking part in it.:D

Mike_23 wrote: »
    That's really amazing. :cool: I haven't noticed this information. At the moment I'm living in Warsaw - the capital of Poland but I come from Spain. Are you going to compete in Cracovia Marathon?? I heard this marathon isn't so hard, but I just want to enjoy of taking part in it.:D
    Maybe some time, but have my marathons planned out for the next 5 years. After that? Who knows. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

Maybe some time, but have my marathons planned out for the next 5 years. After that? Who knows. :)

that's organised!!

RJC wrote: »
    that's organised!!
    5 Majors, @1 per year. Not that organized!

Advertisement