Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car rental, need a 9 seater

• 01-10-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere that does this around here on the cheap side?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

all car rental companies rent 9/10 seaters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Depends where you are based but I know in Wexford Town area Hertz have a location with at least one other hire firm based in Rosslare port....all seem to do large people carriers....although 9/10 seaters not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dont have my licence on me but are you not restricted to driver and 7(although it could be 8) passengers with a standard B licence. For that reason it might be difficult getting a hire company with anything bigger seeing as it would most likely be lying idle most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As Stekelly says you're restricted to 8 passengers if you only have a standard 'B' driving license. You'd need a 'D1' to carry 9 to 16 passengers. In order to get a 'D1' you typically sit the full 'D' test (53 seater).

That said, a lot of the rental companies will have a minivan/large-suv class that covers this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Hertz Ireland is owned by the Bolands and their head office is out in Ardcavan, so they'd be the best to try

<shill> I used to work for them so I know that they have one ofeverythingout there</Shill>

• Advertisement

<shill> I used to work for them so I know that they have one ofeverythingout there</Shill>

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If only I had my ban stick...... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

Hertz Ireland is owned by the Bolands and their head office is out in Ardcavan, so they'd be the best to try

i worked for them also

smodgley wrote: »
    i worked for them also

DUB52????

I was there 2000 -2001, with SensaiRay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

DUB52????
    I was there 2000 -2001, with SensaiRay :)

well they're ****e,

i rang them today and despite the website saying they have a 9 seater they say they never have them and shrugged their shoulders when i asked them where else i could get one.

Im going to ring argus rentacar tomorrow.

Ah yeah I should have mentioned that the Wexford office are a shower of K**ts :p sorry

• Advertisement
Advertisement