Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car kit question.

• 01-10-2008 2:20pm

Hello. I have a Nokia CARK - 91 car kit installed in my car at the moment but I am now changing my phone and will need bluetooth as the the new phone will not fit in the cradle. Now I have got my hands on a Nokia CK7W bluetooth kit for nothing of a friend so my question is: Will it be possible to snip the wire that goes into the cradle and match it up to the wires on the new kit basically leaving all the components of the old kit, microphone, radio mute, speaker etc where they are and just wire in the bits I need from the new kit for the bluetooth connection thus saving me the trouble of taking the dash apart to fit the new kit. Any help or suggestions on the best plan of action welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

hi no unfortunately only the mic and speaker are interchangeable if you upgrade to a nokia ck7w (thats the nokia bluetooth kit) what kind of car do you have and i might have some tips if you wanna fit it yourself.

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    hi no unfortunately only the mic and speaker are interchangeable if you upgrade to a nokia ck7w (thats the nokia bluetooth kit) what kind of car do you have and i might have some tips if you wanna fit it yourself.

Hi PADRAIC.M. Yes I would like to try fitting it my self if possible. The car is 2001 bmw 318ci. Also I just checked there and I think the kit is using the drivers door radio speaker rather than the speaker which comes with the kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

ok, so you can use the same mic, and same speaker connection the main difference is the power supply connector so if you cut the old one off and join the new on one just match colour to colour and your mute won't be affected, then plug in your charge wire and nokia control button (which you didn't have before.)

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    ok, so you can use the same mic, and same speaker connection the main difference is the power supply connector so if you cut the old one off and join the new on one just match colour to colour and your mute won't be affected, then plug in your charge wire and nokia control button (which you didn't have before.)

Thanks for the help. I will give it a go at the weekend.

Advertisement