Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Applying for test before the six months is up

Options
  • 01-10-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi I couldn't find any mention of this in another thread but if it has been covered and I missed it you can delete this.

I obtained my learner permit in June and my insructor told me that you have to wait at least six months before you can sit your test. I had a quick look at the application form for the test and didn't see anywhere that asked you when your permit was issued (although I could have missed it). Could I apply for my it or when I took it would the tester take one look at my permit and cancel the test.

If I'm going about things the honest way :o, I can take my test from mid December on. If applied now I probably would get it for around that time anyway, but if I got a date sooner could I get away with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

When you go in to do your test you have to sign a declaration that you've had a learner permit for more than 6 months and that you're insured and road worthy etc. Your tester will also check your licence. They'd just cancel your test there and then and your money would go down the drain. Wait the 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There should be a comment box on the application form. This is where you should write in the date you can do the test by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 J-Doll

I'll wait till December then. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 J-Doll

There should be a comment box on the application form. This is where you should write in the date you can do the test by.

Ahh perfect, I'll apply for it now and fill in that box. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

There has been a new Driving Test Application Form out for some time now.

Includes a new Line:-

What is the reference code and date of issue on your learner permit in the category applied for?

See it here :- Driving Test Application Form

• Advertisement
Advertisement