Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery sizes

Options
  • 01-10-2008 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hey just a quick question io got a tm m14 yesterday im just wonderin do i have to use a large type battery in it i know that fits best and all but as long as it has the same voltage and ampage should a mini type or small still work.

i ask because i plan on getting a UMP for close quarters and if i could id use the mini type batteries so i dont have to buy seperate spares for each gun.

edit: I know the large and small batteries have different connectors but dont you get those connectors on chargers and such.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're right there. Once the voltage is the same/acceptable with that AEG then the shape doest matter.

If you get a UMP you do not us Mini batts, but stick types. These have all the cells in a single line. I doubt they'd fit an M14s stock. Minis would but would be loose and rattle. If you get a 2000Mah for the M14 and one extra 1500 for the UMP you'll be fine for a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭eagleye7

You're right there. Once the voltage is the same/acceptable with that AEG then the shape doest matter.

If you get a UMP you do not us Mini batts, but stick types. These have all the cells in a single line. I doubt they'd fit an M14s stock. Minis would but would be loose and rattle. If you get a 2000Mah for the M14 and one extra 1500 for the UMP you'll be fine for a day.

ah right didnt know that hadnt decided for sure yet though i was mainly just wonderin about the shape aspect. i had thought about the rattle alright but im sure i could sort that out somehow any way as long as i know now. just seemed that the mini type would be a better buy as it would be more likely compatible with a mp5 or such that id get for cqb

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

eagleye7 wrote: »
    ah right didnt know that hadnt decided for sure yet though i was mainly just wonderin about the shape aspect. i had thought about the rattle alright but im sure i could sort that out somehow any way as long as i know now. just seemed that the mini type would be a better buy as it would be more likely compatible with a mp5 or such that id get for cqb

AFAIK Most Mp5s take a stick too, well, the ones that dont have room in the stock. Some of them are a bitch to fit. On that note, its soo easy to fit a UMP battery :)

ah right shows how much i know thanks for the help its good to know that the shape only matters for space not power. i had my theoretical ideas but didnt wanna fork out 30 just to blow a battery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the battery you want for the M14 s the large type like this,
    96_3600_batt_jpg.jpg

you can also use a mini battery but you'll notice the connector is smaller on this one, you can get an adapter wire to use it though., it will be able to move around but you can sort that by sticking a sponge in on top of it.,:)
    96_1400.jpg

The UMP uses a stick battery like this one, Some TM and galaxy MP5s share this battery, other MP5s like the CA and JG ones use mini ot large batteries like the once above.,
    84_1500_stick_jpg.jpg

• Advertisement

thanks for that. ive also heard that higher ampage last longer is it worth splashin out the extra 10 15 quid on the extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

hey i have a g3 and was wandering what the best voltage battery for it would be. i want it to have as high of a rof as possible

Advertisement