Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weigh Commercial?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Just imported van from UK,do i need to get in weighed? its SWB, 1667kg according to spec,have yet to do DOE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Son wrote: »
    Just imported van from UK,do i need to get in weighed? its SWB, 1667kg according to spec,have yet to do DOE.

I think you might need to have it weighed for the 1st DOE test anyway. Your local Roadstone Quarry will weigh it for you for around €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Thanks,i was on to the doe center and they said it had to be weighed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

R.O.R wrote: »
    Your local Roadstone Quarry will weigh it for you for around €25.

+1

I used to use the quarry at Belgard Rd for all my weighings.

Yeah got it weighed,pretty much was what the spec said it was,why they have to weigh a commercial van like this is beyond on me :(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

The weight is needed in calculation of braking efficiency.

• Advertisement

Yes of course but why do they need to charge €25 to do this when its already on the manufacturers spec lists.I understand it for a van thats been modified or changed in some way from standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

According to customs, they also use the weight to determine the VRT band!!

The DoE may use it to assess whether or not there have been any significant changes made to the van by comparing the weight on the chassis plate to the weight from a weighbridge. Although I can't really see a reason for that!!!

The VRT is a flat rate for this type of van €50.I didn't need it weighed for VRT.
    So i guess it is solely for the DOE.Mo money :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Probably due to an modifications. I brought in a transit connect and got it weighed at roadstone tallaght. The DOE centre was surprised at the weight it came back as. We put it down to the fact it was plywood lined in the back.

Advertisement