Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML & CSS scripted Menu into an aspx page?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

I have a menu on my site that I want to be able to keep. It looks really will I think, I designed it using Infinite Menu's (a handy little tool for designing menu's). Basically using CSS and HTML, you just put the menu into a table or somewhere, but I really like the effect of the menu...

Before I went at asp.net, I had this menu in a file called my_snazzy_menu.abc

In my php page, whenever I wanted to use the menu, I just could put:

<?php

include("my_snazzy_menu.abc");

?>

And everything that was in my snazzy menu file would be pulled into whatever page I wanted to use my menu in.

This was great because previous to doing it this way, manu changes had to be page on every page I had the menu on, so this allowed me to make one change and the change would appear in every page I had included the menu into using the code above.

Is there any way I can do this using asp.net, like some way I can just include a file that has html and css code in it, into my .aspx page???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Yes indeed.

Masterpage is what you are looking for

Check here and here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Thanks a mil yeraulone, that sorted that problem out!

Advertisement