Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Puma/ Opel Tigra

Options
  • 01-10-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hi there

My sisters car is on it's last legs so she is looking to buy a new one.
    She has her wee heart set on either of the two above - purely for looks reason tbh :rolleyes::pac:
    Has anyone any advise on either of these cars?
    Anyone owned one and have any idea on monthly costs of running it?

Her car at the mo is a 1.1 Seicento, so it would be a bit of a jump and I don't think she realises that.

edit: she is looking at the '98/99 versions, just so ya know :)

Any advise welcome.

Cheers guys

Fiona

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I had a Puma years ago, great car, nice interior, nice looking, great handling and a nippy little 1.4L engine (back when insurance costs were sky high)

The Tigra never appealed to me in any way what so ever, the Puma's biggest redeeming feature was it's go Kart like handling and fun factor of which the Tigra has none of.

Never had any mechanical problems of any sort, as a Ford (built on the tried and tested Fiesta Chassis and comprising mainly of Fiesta parts it is fairly bullet proof)

But, in saying that, if it's for your sister she'll probably base it on cosmetics only.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Victor_M wrote: »
    But, in saying that, if it's for your sister she'll probably base it on cosmetics only.

You have no idea how right you are ;)
    Thanks a mill for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

A friend of mine had a 1.7 Puma back in 98. It was fantastic fun to drive - so much so that I used to pester him to borrow it whenever he was away.

I don't have any reliability info on it as it wasn't my car, but I know he never had a moments trouble with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No contest here, the Puma is miles ahead of the Tigra imo. While both cars are based on superminis and your sister's priority is looks, the Puma has aged better imo, is superior to drive and a nicer place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Definitely go for the Puma!

• Advertisement
Advertisement