Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Vodafone

• 01-10-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Texting on vodafone is expenisive for me as I text reguraly.
    Now I am going to join 02 or Meteor because of their Free Text to any network offer.
    I was wondering which I should move to?
    I heard good reports from my friends on both.
    Does 02 have better coverage than meteor around Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why not 3?, 700 texts and 200 any network voice minutes for €6.93....it's not a bad offer... 200 any network minutes at the weekend would cost you €290 per week with meteor....

If all your mates are on Meteor go with them if not consider 3.....(i'd kinda leave 02 on the shelf, just my 2cent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone do free texts to any network too- its just not advertised much which is stupid. To sign up to free any network texts on vodafone send the word text to 50222 and top up by 20e. There is no need to move network now:) but if u still want to move i'd go meteor and like drunk monkey leave o2 on the shelf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Why not 3?, 700 texts and 200 any network voice minutes for €6.93....it's not a bad offer... 200 any network minutes at the weekend would cost you €290 per week with meteor....

If all your mates are on Meteor go with them if not consider 3.....(i'd kinda leave 02 on the shelf, just my 2cent)

Its not very clear to me how that 99c deal works, the website is not much help.

If i want 700 texts/200 mins i pay 6.93 a week......does this come out at 99c/day or one lump sum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Vodafone do free texts to any network too- its just not advertised much which is stupid. To sign up to free any network texts on vodafone send the word text to 50222 and top up by 20e. There is no need to move network now:) but if u still want to move i'd go meteor and like drunk monkey leave o2 on the shelf

Noh they dont do free texts to any network ,its only free texts for vodafone to vodafone! I am signed up for that.
    Why do all you guys say leave o2 on the shelf? whats bad with it :o

Pangea wrote: »
    Noh they dont do free texts to any network ,its only free texts for vodafone to vodafone! I am signed up for that.
    Why do all you guys say leave o2 on the shelf? whats bad with it :o

No I work for vodafone(and others too) I know what I'm saying(in a nice way!) You're on the old promotion of free vodafone to vodafone texts only whereas the new offer is for life that if you sent "text" to 50222 and top up €20 you'll have free any network texts for life! I've been 02 for years and much rather vodafone and I was on Meteor+Three but still rather vodafone

• Advertisement

No I work for vodafone(and others too) I know what I'm saying(in a nice way!) You're on the old promotion of free vodafone to vodafone texts only whereas the new offer is for life that if you sent "text" to 50222 and top up €20 you'll have free any network texts for life! I've been 02 for years and much rather vodafone and I was on Meteor+Three but still rather vodafone
    wow thanks a lot! I just text it and its true
    Didnt know that, it doesnt even say that on vodafone.ie , I wont have to change over now. Thank you!

Pangea wrote: »
    wow thanks a lot! I just text it and its true
    Didnt know that, it doesnt even say that on vodafone.ie , I wont have to change over now. Thank you!

I does say it online but its not very obvious which is quite stupid, I'm sure there are many like you who have changed because they didn't know about it!

I does say it online but its not very obvious which is quite stupid, I'm sure there are many like you who have changed because they didn't know about it!

well you can tell your superiors that you prevented them losing a customer ! :D thanks again

Advertisement