Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a 12vt Lithium Ion Battery for this use?

• 01-10-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey there,

I am looking to source a few 12volt Lithium Ion batteries.
    They will be used to power car stereos and small speakers - but not for use within a car (dont ask:p)

Looking for something small, light and hopefully long lasting. Im not really sure where I should be looking? Maplins dont have anything.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Lithium ion cells are in multiples of 3.6 or 3.7 volts. You could probably source an 11V LiON battery, would that be good enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ecocabbie

Hi, thanks.

Hmm im not sure. Would that be enough to power a car stereo?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Answered in other similar thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Would a rectified 230v supply not do ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

I have an ould car radio I was thinkin of rigging up in my kitchen, how would a fella go about doing that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Just lookup the manufacturers website and get the pinouts for the connectors. They are usually ISO connectors, so it's an easy enough job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

go to maplin and ask for a 12 volt transformer.... adaptor. 230 volt to 12 volt.

Advertisement