Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SS2DiSEqC 1.10 Problems moving motor west.

• 01-10-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Have this excellent program for controlling the motor connected to my skystar2 card. Works great except that I am unable to move to anything past 8west. 8 west is my 0 position satellite. I have disabled all software limits, made sure there are no hardware limits enabled. I can move the motor past 0 using the command to send it west for x amount of steps / seconds.

I have my Long and Lat correctly in as I am landing perfectly on every sat East of 0.

Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped :) And I don't fancy having to use my spare rxr as a positioner!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

For everyone that gets an SS2 to move a motor correctly, there's another who fails completely. It's highly contingent on your PC PSU, motherboard and software setup.

I'd recommend having a read through the Skystar forum on happysat.
    http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=0384deb94027724a771c7c010d4158be

You could also try resetting the motor.

Or hook up the SS2 to an oscilloscope to see if it's generating the correct tone pulses. :)

2908191416_7e0007d527.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Its a couple of years since I used SS2 but from what I can remember the plugin for diseqc motor tended to be buggy. There was a stage where I had difficultly moving motor in one direction (and i think it was west). Can't remember how I got it sorted. It was a problem that was often reported on dvbnetwork forum - probably worth doing a search on there if nobody here comes back with a solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Aye, the pitfalls of the ss2 and no full 1.2 support. I shall over the weekend remove all traces of the current plugin , uninstall the drivers, reinstall and maybe use an older version and see. The old 4.2.8 drivers I notice give a much better tuner performance compared to the newer ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

did you have any luck mate? Ive found that only prog dvb will move my dish correctly. Also an early version of progdvb at that. I think im on 4.85 as that seems the most stable for me. I only use my SS2 now for 422 feeds. Found my TM6900 is taking up a lot of my time now. Damn fine bit of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No joy, removed everything from registry entries to apps etc. Installed 1.8 and the 4.3.0 drivers. It proceeded to send my motor to the max it can go west :) Using a golden Interstar motor, cheap I know but using my rxrs it is perfect. 35 euro and throws my dish around for fun. Might just buy a positioner however it would be yet another joint as I have the cable coming in via a flat window cable (maybe thats the problem!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement