Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agent Provocateur Online Sale

Options
  • 01-10-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

I recently ordered a set of underwear(bra, thong and suspenders) from the Agent Provocateur online sale, the full amount was taken from my card and i received a confirmation e mail saying they would be delivered in 4-5 working days. 10 days later just the suspenders arrived with a letter saying they were out of other pieces and will be sent in two weeks. Three weeks later i get an email saying they can't get the items back in and if i want a refund i have to post the suspenders back to them. I've sent about 4 emails and tried to call and the only thing i got back was someone resending their original mail. I'm really ticked off about this, has it happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They should be able to do a partial refund, for the undelivered parts, if you're going to keep the suspenders. However, if you're not keeping them, especially if it's a matched set you want, then you'd have to send those back for the full refund.

You should look for compensation for the cost of return delivery, since it's their fcuk up, but they're not really obliged by any law to cover you for this. Since it's small and lightweight, it shouldn't cost much to return anyway. Apart from that, not a lot you can do. Looks like their sale was better than anticipated and they just ran out, unfortunately.

There, I got through a thread about sexy underwear without asking for pics of you modeling them. Er...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

And then you failed! ;)

I'm pretty ticked off that they took my money for something they couldn't provide, sent me a confirmation that i would be here in 5 working days when none of it was, sent a tiny part of the set knowing the wouldn't get the rest or might not, then took another 3 weeks to contact me and i've to go through the bother and expense of p&p to get my full refund. I ordered a full set which is what i wanted. I thought they should offer a different set or something really. I've googled and found the same thing in the U.S. and Australia so it seems like this was their plan of how to deal with it. I haven't heard from anyone else in Ireland or U.K. having this problem. I don't think they should have sent one part without the other two. They should have just waited and then let me know. With all the people having to send one thing back surely they'd be able to make some sets in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

jor el wrote: »

There, I got through a thread about sexy underwear without asking for pics of you modeling them. Er...

You're a better man I am Jor El :D
    Just checked their site :eek:

I would try and kick up a bit of a fuss with them though OP, where was the stuff shipped from.

From London!

Its bugging me because i know it didn't just happen to me, its the way the went about dealing with the sale. Also the lack of contact and the hanging onto my money is irritating. Added with that the bother of me having to post stuff back to them when they shouldn't have sent only part of a set its really annoying me. They're not denying the refund but i have to either keep the suspenders and get a refund for the bra and thong or wait until i send these back to them to get my full refund. They've had my money for 6 weeks and the best they can do is -even though we accepted your order, took your money and confirmed it twice we can't deliver it so send back that and we'll give you your cash. Really poor customer service imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

noticed this on the web site
    Refunds and exchanges are made approximately two weeks after receipt of goods to allow for inspection. Customers who have paid by credit card will have their accounts credited. We will not make refunds to a third party.

As soon as we receive your returned goods we will process your request. Replacement goods held in stock will be dispatched within seven working days. If your chosen substitute is not in stock we will contact you to offer either an alternative or a refund. If a form has not been enclosed with your order, please return goods (retaining proof of postage) to:

Id give up emailing OP and try and get them on the phone, i know they talk about replacement for returned good in the above and contact if that is not in stock but, its not really good enough to get a letter with one part of the order to say the rest is not in stock.

I know in some sites they allow you to select if you want it ship as its available or if you want it held till everyting is in stock and then ship all at once, did they have such an option?

In the end I think you're going to be liable for the p&p back to them unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Thanks!

Not too impressed with that but cheers for posting, its insane to have to wait six weeks for a product and a further 2 weeks for a refund!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

LolaDub wrote: »
    Thanks!

Not too impressed with that but cheers for posting, its insane to have to wait six weeks for a product and a further 2 weeks for a refund!

You'll get it eventually, don't get your knickers in a twist...

consultech wrote: »

LOL

Its more the horrendous customer service i'm appalled at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

consultech wrote: »
    There's no danger of that. They didn't arrive. :)

Advertisement