Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL with low Line Rental?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi I have just moved into a new house. Im looking to get BB installed and was going down the wireless route but with Digiweb etc there is no signal, high tree's etc. I have no other option but to get the DSL reconnected, there is an eircom connection/box. My question is, without being too vague can anyone recommend a decent provider with low line rental as I wont be using a phone, I'll only be using it for BB,

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

No such thing really tbh, €ircon own the copper so sets the price.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Can you get UPC (chorus or NTL)? They do broadband over cable so no need for the phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

unfortunately not- UPC dont have connections in our area, looks like it has to be eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The line rental is set buy eircom, at about 26euro a month, all other operators have no choice but to pay this (and in turn pass the cost on to you). The DSL prices vary among the various operators though, with eircom being one of the most expensive, and the likes of UTV being cheaper. BT are among the cheapest, and they discount the line rental, but I would not advise that you use them.

Check with Smart Telecom, they have good prices, but limited availability.

I've ordered Broadband and Talk Option 2 from BT for €46 a month, the broadband alone is €32.50 a month so it does work out cheaper than getting the line and broadband separately. Still waiting for my line to be enabled though, should be done by the end of next week if they mean what they say.

I just hope they don't screw up the billing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beer iguana

I've ordered the Vodafone At Home up to 3mb bundle - I'm paying €29 a month for the first 6 months, and then €49 a month after that. I think that €29 rental is only available to existing Vodafone mobile postpay customers - of which I am one!

It includes line rental, broadband, unlimited local and national calls, and 200 minutes to 3 nominated Vodafone mobile numbers. Not a bad little deal at all....

Advertisement