Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out a room - what do I provide?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of renting out a room in my house.

Obviously I provide a bed, wardrobe and bedside locker. Do I need to provide duvet, sheets? What's the norm? (

I'm seperating, buying OH out, and haven't been in the rental market for 20 years - so any advice is useful!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

I reckon the above along with a mattress protector and a cupboard in the kitchen. Personally I would prefer to use my own bedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

That sounds about right. I've rented in a few places in my time and I've always provided my own sheets/duvet/pillow. If nothing else, it's more hygienic. The mattress protector sounds like a good idea tbh. Perhaps too a chair wouldn't go astray but it's not a matter of life or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

as a renter a chest of drawers is also nice if the room is big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I suppose itd look nice if ya went out and got a pillow set and duvet, cheap one from dunnes and keep it in its packaging. That way if the renter has their own you can keep it and if not, then they know it hasnt been used. Cupboard space in the bathroom and kitchen too. A bedside lamp would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks everyone.

The room will take a double bed and a wardrobe OR a single bed, desk, chest of drawers and a wardrobe.

Which should I go for? Any advice? (I really only want one person)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

A double bed. Most adults won't want to sleep in a single bed.

Advertisement