Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell a piano?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

[Hey
    i've been given the responsibility of selling a piano that has been in my family for a while. My problem is i don't have a notion about pianos or there value and i don’t want to get absolutely ripped off.

It's a Moore and Moore piano and has a couple of scratches on it, but still plays well, although slightly out of tune according to a friend of the family who was playing it. It also has a switch on it called a modulator which i was told to make the notes play softer.

Any advice about its value would be much appreciated. Ideally I would like to see it going a young family that will benefit from its use, rather than someone who’s just going to resell it for profit. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

It's difficult to say how much a piano like this is truly worth without actually seeing it and playing it. Most of those English pianos are worth very little nowadays unless they're in really excellent condition, though that's not to say yours isn't worth a bit more than usual.

I've seen people selling pianos worth absolutely nothing for hundreds, and conversely I myself had to sell a lovely grand piano for next to nothing just to get rid of it. Best bet is to get a professional valuer to look at it and give you a quote. Have a look for piano tuners/valuers in the Golden Pages.

Advertisement