Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS C# course

Options
  • 01-10-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

HI i am going to be out of work in the middle of next year and i was thinking of doing an online Fas C# course to keep me busy at work in my spare time. I have an ordinary electronics degree and i have experience as a repair technician. i was just wondering will this course benefit me in the future or is it a waste of time. Anyone recommend any other course to do, Manufacturing electronics is goosed so i have to see whatever else is out there?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Is it the MCPD course (which is FAS sponsered to the tune of 70% - I did this a couple of years ago) or is it a different course???

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭noworries2004

its a C# for windows framework.net course, which basically teaches you C# programming,
    Its an online course to be completed over 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Can you give us a link to the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭noworries2004

Well it wouldn't go amiss. I do know DCU and I think UCD are doing Graduate diploma's for people wanting to get into I.T. Maybe you should look at doing one of those as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I am in second year computer science and I won't be studying c# this year afaik.

For the first semester would I be expecting too much from myself I was to do a course like this. I may add that I really want to learn c# as opposed to java and vb.net which I will be covering/have covered..

Sorry if I hjacked yourpost OP..

I be concerned that you're biting of more than you can chew TechGuy. Plus the FÁS course won't be geared towards your degree, or count for it. Learning Java and Vb.net isn't that different from C#. Java has almost identical syntax and Vb.Net is using the .net framework, it gets compilied to the same IL as C#. I'd recomend you do your course work and then look at C#.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Evil Phil wrote: »
    I be concerned that you're biting of more than you can chew TechGuy. Plus the FÁS course won't be geared towards your degree, or count for it. Learning Java and Vb.net isn't that different from C#. Java has almost identical syntax and Vb.Net is using the .net framework, it gets compilied to the same IL as C#. I'd recomend you do your course work and then look at C#.

I agree. OP if you know java and the .net framework it would take you about a week at the most to get up to speed with C#. I certainly wouldn't go spending unnescessary money on a course, a C# good book would definately suffice for you.

Advertisement