Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSAI affiliation news

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Careful now.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Indeed. Careful now.

I'll repeat the same warnings we had before:
    Sparks wrote: »
    • The Charter is in full force here and will be actively enforced, especially the parts relating to being civil to one another and the part requesting you to use the Report Post button rather than moderating the forum yourself. Before you post, reread it, even if you've been posting here for years. We're not kidding.
    • Once you've reread the Charter, reread the post where it was explained why this forum was shut down for a while a few months back, and then reread DeVore's post regarding the NGBs and posting on this forum which we are now stickying for as long as it is needed, and then reread DeVore's sticky on allegations against named individuals. All these are still in force, and once you've reread them you'll know where the mods are coming from (and hopefully, you'll agree).
    • There are aspects to this that are fair game; those are the aspects where shooters on the ground are wondering how this affects their sport on a day-to-day basis. There are also aspects which will get posts edited or deleted and posters infracted or banned; those are the aspects where anonymous first-time posters try to get digs into people just because they think they can. The former are safe; the latter are going to be severely policed by the mods. There are some gray areas in between, but if you're straying into a gray area, the onus is on you to do so from as impersonal a point of view as you can. We don't want to have to delete or edit or infract or ban people, honestly, but we cannot risk the forum again just so someone can anonymously blame someone for something. There are genuine concerns amongst shooters that we could use this forum to alleviate and addressing those has to be our priority here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Red Renard

Also, the only thing we have that comes close to a national representation for shooters is the FCP, which is not affected by this.[/quote]
    F-C-P -I HOPE NOT A LOT OF GOOD WORK DONE A LOT MORE WORK NEEDED [/quote] the hair.

I have to agree with the hairs comments regarding the (NTSA withdrawal) they equally apply once again to this latest debacle where you have by all appearances a governing body driven to despair, ready to walk out.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

*sigh*
    Okay, if we're going to do this, we're doing this properly. Which means that the mods are watching with the rules IRLConor mentioned above in mind.

We may merge this thread with the earlier "NTSA leaves SSAI" thread at some point to keep all this stuff in one spot.

There are two seperate pieces of news:

SSAI Release:
    IPSA application for membership to SSAI

Dear Members.

Further to a meeting of the SSAI on 29th September, IPSC/IPSA has been accepted as a full voting member of the association. We look forward to working with all other target shooting National Governing Bodies (NGB's) in the future in developing target shooting in Ireland.

regards,
    John Fitzgerald
    Regional Director of IPSA
    NRAI Release:
    01.10.08: The N.R.A.I is unhappy with the conduct and the running of the S.S.A.I by some of its officers. Only recently we have sent several important emails none of which were responded to. It is most unsatisfactory and outrageous that any N.G.B could be treated with such contempt. We have serious outstanding issues to be addressed following our last S.S.A.I meeting.

As of now we cannot co operate any longer with the officers of the S.S.A.I. Despite attempts to discuss our issues by email and meetings we are being ignored.

The N.R.A.I is considering withdrawal from the S.S.A.I. We feel we have no choice but to meet the Irish Sports Council to discuss the above and seek advice, after which the N.R.A.I committee will meet and consider its position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Congratulations to the IPSA on their membership being accepted.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JunkieW

The revolving door at the SSAI :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

I am delighted to see the IPSA on the SSAI committee, they should have been in there a long time ago. One wonders why it took so long.

One question re the legality of the vote and I am open to correction here under the SSAI constitution is there not two thirds of the committee required for a Quorum to pass any or all decisions.

Mods I hope I am not over stepping the line here.

Best wishes to the ISPA from Sikamick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JunkieW

You might be mixing up two terms there Mick. A quorum is the number of eligible voters present for a meeting in order to make decisions. A majority or whatever is the amount of votes necessary for something to be decided.

So if the quorum is four and only two people were at the meeting it wouldn't be quorate. I don't know the SSAI constitution, so I can't comment on whether they were quorate or not, or what the quorum is for decisions like that.

In terms of legality, as explained on another thread, it doesn't arise. The SSAI is an unincorporated assocation. The absence of the NRAI at that meeting does raise some issues over fairness, but not legality.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

There are two seperate pieces of news

Are these pieces of news linked?

Is the NRAI considering withdrawing from the SSAI because of IPSA?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

macnas wrote: »
    Are these pieces of news linked?

Is the NRAI considering withdrawing from the SSAI because of IPSA?

:confused::confused::confused:

Totally coincidental. Read the NRAI statement, it's linked in Sparks' post.

No. I've heard nothing to even suggest that one macnas. As I understand the timeline, there was the SSAI meeting when the NTSA withdrew, at which the NRAI presented issues it had with the workings of the SSAI. The NRAI called for another meeting subsequent to that to discuss those issues, but as I understand it, noone attended that meeting. The third meeting, where the IPSA were brought into the SSAI, was - as I understand it - not attended by the NRAI, who received no agenda for the meeting and were apparently told it wasn't happening (how that happened, I'm not sure, whether it was miscommunication or lack of communications).

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

My mistake, when you posted the two items together I assumed a link.

Advertisement