Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

official forums?

• 01-10-2008 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Probably a silly question, but are there official forums somewhere? I can't seem to see any on the war-europe.com site - the "Community" section doesn't have any.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Branoic wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but are there official forums somewhere? I can't seem to see any on the war-europe.com site - the "Community" section doesn't have any.

There aren't any, and there never will be any, as Mythic are keen to avoid the likes of the WoW forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Spear wrote: »
    There aren't any, and there never will be any, as Mythic are keen to avoid the likes of the WoW forums.

And the more I think about it the smarter this is, the WoW forums really are a stinking sh*t stain on the Y-Fronts that are the Internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

warhammer alliance is where most people go though.
    it has a lot of guides and what not too.

your typical mmo forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The unofficial official forums just turn into shít stains too, if you let them. I dont think it is a fair excuse and many other smaller MMO's managed to have forums for launch. Still, as it has turned out, Warhammer Alliance serves as an official forums and works pretty much the same way. The only diffierence is the fact that it isnt officially affiliated with the game and therefore what normally constitutes 30-40% of a player base reading and posting on the forums, is (or at least will be in the future) a much smaller percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

I think War are being very smart. Because the unofficial sites are not affilitated with War, they don't moderate them and the creators are the moderators and so have the power to ban anyone they feel like, whereas War would find it very difficult to ban people or close down useless/whining threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It really is a very smart move. When ever someone affiliated with any kind of 'official' service is in charge of moderating or admining a board it always leads to anarchy...

Advertisement