Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G M4 CQB Comparason & Review.

Options
  • 01-10-2008 8:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of people have been interested in these rifles in the times i have had them out so I thought id do a comparason review on the two M4 CQB rifles from G&G, they are the CQB-S and the CQB-H.
    Both rifles share identical recievers and internals, with the only differences being the front end kit and the stock.

The CQB-S is the one with the silencer. i picked that one up from tony in Eirsoft late last year and have given it a lot of use since then, its been trouble free since and ive never had to touch it at all. there are some additions to it that dont come with it out of the box. the left handed mag release, sniper trigger guard, eotech, aimpoint etc etc.

The CQB-H is the one with the regular type of fore grip. it comes with a 450rd hicap magazine and sling mounts in the box and uses a 9.6 mini battery. I picked this one up a few weeks ago and have used it a few times since, the performance is very similar if not identical to that of the "S" model. this one however is a fair bit noisier than the "S". it has a really nice snappy sound to it.
    Both of the rifles are well balanced and very sturdy. theres no rattling or flexibility from them. there not as heavy as some of the Dboys metal M4s for instance but they are not exactly light either. the receivers are made from magniesium alloy and are coated with some sort of really hard wearing coating. The "S" model has been dragged through gorse, thorns, up trees and over walls. its taken a bit of a beating since getting it yet it still looks to be in great condition.

One thing i dont like about the "H" is the fore grip. ive never liked those typical common type grips on the front and the "S" model feels way better, since it has the Floating RIS and comes with the rail covers.
    Equally im not a big fan of the crane stock on the "S" model and much prefer the one on the "H". the only problem is that i cant fit a battery in the RIS so it'll have to do until a better idea comes along.

2905418442_54006665ed.jpg

2904593109_7c60767587.jpg

Stock Comparason,
    2904596013_54b944d63f.jpg2904594925_0a7beaedd7.jpg

2904599207_2a91ec27f5.jpg

2905442692_5657abf88e.jpg

2905441192_3a08b6ae1d.jpg2904596675_7edb36bc05.jpg

The CQB-S comes with an RIS mountable sling mount that can be disconnected at the press of a button.
    2905432334_0fa6fe3b43.jpg

Dont ask me what the "greedy Island" is about., rofl.,:D
    2905431378_1efab77c3a.jpg

Eotech Red Dot and Aimpoint magnifier.
    2904588777_2cd875e15b.jpg

2905432714_6c9b910a8f.jpg

2905433602_5083b00ff5.jpg

Both guns have chrono'd in or around the 325 mark and have a ROF of 21ish Rounds per second. this is done on a firefox 9.6 battery. the CQB-H uses a regular 9.6 mini type battery (1500mah) and the CQB-S uses a 3 piece 9.6 crane stock battery (2300mah).

With both rifles the upper receiver can be removed by pushing out the front receiver pin, the lower receiver is designed to allow the pin enough travel to release the upper receiver but it doesnt let the pin come all the way out. this is a brilliant idea and can pretty much guarantee you wont be loosing it in a hurry. The hopup is made from the same type of metal as the gearbox and the adjustment wheel feels tight but not too much to make it dificult to use, too loose and you'll find yourself needing to re adjust it regularly. The hopup dust cover is sprung closed and doesnt stay open, its also not released by the charge handle like on a lot of other armalites.
    At first i thought it was a bit cr*p how i would have to hold it open while adjusting the hop up but when i compare it to my 416 (that i always leave open) the amount of dirt in the 416 makes it obvious why G&G decided to do it this way. Im thinking of modifying it so it will have the same locking function as the VFC 416 just for "gucci-ness".
    Both Rifles share the same 6.03 Tight bore barrel and the "S" models barrel comes straight through the silencer, being only about an inch shy of the muzzle.
    I like the regular barrel on the "H" but im thinking of maybe changing the front sight for something i can fold out of the way when i have a new eotech on it.

Having stripped both rifles i cant say ive ever seen another AEG to the quality of the G&G gear. after well over 100'000 Bbs through the CQB-S the piston is showing no wear at all. It wasnt even dirty inside. the gears are rock solid quality looking gears, nothing like the shiney kinda cra*p you find in CA and TM gearboxes. grease is kept to a minimum and both have 7mm bearing bushings and are shimmed nicely. theres also a bearing spring guide and a bearing piston head in this too.

CQB-S
    Velocity: 325
    Materials: Full metal reciever and front end.
    Rate of Fire: 21 rounds per second on 9.6volts
    Range: Really good.
    Price: €350

CQB-H
    Velocity: 325
    Materials: Full metal reciever, metal barrel, plastic fore grip.
    Rate of Fire: 21 rounds per second on 9.6volts
    Range: Really good.
    Price: €380
    Same as the "S" really, cant see any performance difference.

*So, thats all i can think of at the moment, if anyone has any questions i'll post a thread after this one. :)

Advertisement