Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geography

Options
  • 01-10-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

hey,
    im repeating my leaving this year and im finding geography really tough for some reason, our tutor gives us exam questions to do ,so far we are doing core unit 1 ,plate tectonics,earthquakes,volcanoes etc,thats all well and good but as soon as i go to answer the questions i just cant seem to get the perfect answer for full marks,my teacher said i left out lots of points and put in too much info where it wasnt needed. these are the questions worth 30 marks part bs and cs of the questions. i do not know how much info to put in,whats relevant and whats not. i am soooo confused,how long are the answers supposed to be? im seriously considering dropping geography, i got a c1 last time and was aiming for an A1 this time but at this rate i dont know what to do,it seems that theres no perfect answer,anyone any geography tips??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Geography is marked on "key points" so I'm told by our teacher. So usually each key point is worth 2 marks, so go by how many marks are going for the questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

you need 14 SRPS for an A grade answer I seem to remember.

Beutiful subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

you need 14 SRPS for an A grade answer I seem to remember.

Beutiful subject.

Scottish Railway Preservation Society?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

theres just so much information i just dont know what to pick out and the questions almost look like trick questions to me:rolleyes:
    for example from our understanding of plate tectonics explain the global distribution of volcanoes ,
    i put a definition of what a volcano was in it and was told that was off the point,i mean wtf?
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Scottish Railway Preservation Society?

s_________ relavant points.:)

Specifc?
    Special?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

s_________ relavant points.:)

Specifc?
    Special?
    Significant :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Watchdog1Eye

leesmom wrote: »
    theres just so much information i just dont know what to pick out and the questions almost look like trick questions to me:rolleyes:
    for example from our understanding of plate tectonics explain the global distribution of volcanoes ,
    i put a definition of what a volcano was in it and was told that was off the point,i mean wtf?
    :mad:

I give grinds in geography. I repeated myself so I know what its like. I have model answers and when I viewed my scripts it proved that they got full, or close to full, marks. Send me a message if your interested.........!

Advertisement