Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you hate the most??

Options
  • 01-10-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

1. The fella at the roundabout who clearly eyeballs you , knowing you have right of way but says " f*** 'em ,and proceeds to pull out in front of you .
    2. The mammy on the mobile at a T junction , clearly late to collect the kids from the minder ( on the phone to hubby to ask him if he could get a bottle o' wine in Londis on the way home) , totally oblivious to her environs.
    3 . The boy racer whose stuck behind the 'ol lad coming against you , and despite a clear road behind you decides to overtake anyway , driving you into the ditch as he whizzes past you on your side ...
    4. The boy racer (again) and his car full of other likeminded d***heads who either roar out the window as they pass , throw a missile at you or match your speed coming alonside you for a couple of hundred yards laughing their bo***xes off .
    5. The fella behind you who wants to turn into his driveway just in front of you, but reckons you're doing about 5km/hr when you're closer to the 20km/hr mark ...proceeds to cut the snot off you.
    6. The left hand driver who presumably because he's sitting closer to you , when your on his inside than the right hand driver , and thinks therefore he's such a good judge of the "gap" , proceeds to shave the hair off your legs because he's so close .
    7. The black labador who patiently waits every day for the whirring noise of your trusty steed , scrambles across the loose chippings in the driveway ( driving them all over the new BMW parked there ) only to slap off the closed garden gate ...if it's ever open Gawd help me.........

Oh the joys of the daily bike ride ..........:D

Comments

I don't know what it is but what actually annoys me the most is other cyclists breaking lights. Not for moral or legal or image of cyclist reasons, but it means that I'm often stuck behind them (until I can get in front safely) when the lights go green. The canal is terrible for this.

Although yesterday the taxi driver who beeped me and then proceeded to overtake me with very little between us when I was in the bus lane was pretty annoying. Was on Merrion Road going towards town and there was no way in hell I was going to go near the left since loads of cars turn up towards Vincents/RTÉ. Overtook him in the end.

I actually go into work early now just so I don't have to put up with SUVs dropping kids off at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

The ones that annoy me most are the ignorant beepers!

The ones that beep you for getting into the correct lane. For example on the south quays a while ago i moved into the central lane because the left lane was for traffic turning left only and i was going straight on. Some wanquer in an SUV speeds up behind me and tails me so closly he's almost nudging me and proceeded to beep the bejebus out of me. grrrrr Get out of your tank ye bufty!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Snobby cyclists ,I hate them. The ones on flash bikes that sneer at the joe soap cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Cyclists with inferiority complexes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It takes a lot of hard work to develop a sneer that people will actually notice when you whizz buy them.

Seriously though, light breaking cyclists would top my list to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

el tonto wrote: »
    It takes a lot of hard work to develop a sneer that people will actually notice when you whizz buy them.

Seriously though, light breaking cyclists would top my list to.

I dunno ,going the howth coast road and a few times I've passed quite rude snobby fuukers. I'd say hello and I'd get the look down the nose treatment.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Next time I'll stop and give you a hug.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

For me, its cyclists who break the lights.

Followed by cyclists who are fitter than me and cyclists who can hill climb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

despise cyclists to be honest. I cycle everywhere myself but some of them are the most condesceding patronising **** you could ever have the displeasure of meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

despise cyclists to be honest. I cycle everywhere myself but some of them are the most condesceding patronising **** you could ever have the displeasure of meeting.

Live under a bridge?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

#6 types are annoying.
    You converse with them as they pass by you on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

both been mentioned, but breaking lights really annoys me unless its like 4am or something.

and the F*&*)s who decide that left hand turns are their right.

And i wont talk to anyone when i cycling, too busy being a fred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

1: Light-breaking, path riding, cyclists with helmets and high-vis, riding town bikes with flashing lights fixed to their bags & no proper lights on the bike.

2: Clontarf drivers coming out of the Styles Road onto the Howth Road and blocking the cycle track while waiting to be flashed into lane by Sutton drivers.

3: Guys on big motorbikes stuck in cycle tracks.

4: Cyclist type 1 above when they cut in on you when you're slowing to deal with 2&3.

One other group that I hate: cyclists on the wrong side of the road, normally coming towards you (and always in the cycle track).

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

How about the truck driver on the opposite side of the road who stopped at lights decides to start screaming at me, of course I think I must have dropped something so I turn around to see what he's roaring about only for him to get out of his truck to tell me I should be cycling on the (20m long) stretch of cycling path that ends at a cross roads just ahead, and to this day I've never seen anyone use. So after we exchanged pleasantries I continued on my way. Was very close to a proper punch-up in the middle of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Hey Tonto, you cruising forums for hot dates again:D

Red light breakers for me too.
    Anyone use the contra-flo cycle lane from Kilmanham into Inchicore? I'e been beeped alot by the cars who think its a nice red lane for their exclusive use and obviously think that the cyclist coming towards them in the wrong direction is insane.
    Also, by 5 o'clock it seems to become a carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

Deisetrek wrote: »
    1. The fella at the roundabout who clearly eyeballs you , knowing you have right of way but says " f*** 'em ,and proceeds to pull out in front of you .

5. The fella behind you who wants to turn into his driveway just in front of you, but reckons you're doing about 5km/hr when you're closer to the 20km/hr mark ...proceeds to cut the snot off you.

A hybrid of these two nearly killed me one day. I was hurling abuse at a driver who had long since driven away at the roundabout, people must have thought I was mad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Can I have one too?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Little sh!ts who think its hilarious to open their car door onto the cycle lane when they see you filtering fast up through traffic.... just to give you a fright Happened me last night in cork. First time Ive had to deal with that kind of crap down here.

'68 wrote:
    Hey Tonto, you cruising forums for hot dates again:D
    Raam wrote: »
    Can I have one too?

There's plenty of lovin' to go around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

2. The mammy on the mobile at a T junction , clearly late to collect the kids from the minder ( on the phone to hubby to ask him if he could get a bottle o' wine in Londis on the way home) , totally oblivious to her environs.
    3 . The boy racer whose stuck behind the 'ol lad coming against you , and despite a clear road behind you decides to overtake anyway , driving you into the ditch as he whizzes past you on your side ...
    4. The boy racer (again) and his car full of other likeminded d***heads who either roar out the window as they pass , throw a missile at you or match your speed coming alonside you for a couple of hundred yards laughing their bo***xes off .
    6. The left hand driver who presumably because he's sitting closer to you , when your on his inside than the right hand driver , and thinks therefore he's such a good judge of the "gap" , proceeds to shave the hair off your legs because he's so close .
    7. The black labador who patiently waits every day for the whirring noise of your trusty steed , scrambles across the loose chippings in the driveway ( driving them all over the new BMW parked there ) only to slap off the closed garden gate ...if it's ever open Gawd help me.........

Oh the joys of the daily bike ride ..........:D

Jesus you moany GIT!!! Victor Meldrew eat your heart out

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

cyclists at lights who stick their front wheel in the cycletrack as your approaching from the side - blocking your path.

slow cyclists goin up my inside as I wait at lights.

ya gotta love em all out there!

I had a cement mixer come a bit toooo damn close recently on the canal. Worst bit of driving I've encountered for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Jesus you moany GIT!!! Victor Meldrew eat your heart out

Nah not a moany GIT nor Victor Meldrew , just tryin' to make it through the day trying not to meet drivers like you ........

Nah not a moany GIT nor Victor Meldrew , just tryin' to make it through the day trying not to meet drivers like you ........

Ohh meeow, saucer of milk for Mr. Meldrew! I'm more cyclist than driver, but unlike you I have an appreciation for both sides of the argument and don't moan my hole off about every bloody little thing that doesn't go my way

Harden the fcuk up man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

OK, I have one. Actually this is just one example of a whole host of idiots I've seen doing this in the same place during rush hour.

I took this picture yesterday at about 5.45pm. It's on the Inchicore Road. The line of traffic just visible to the right is the usual tailback from Con Colbert place back toward Kilmainham jail.

As you can see, there is a clearly marked, solid line, two-way cycle path (motorised traffic is only one-way on this stretch of road). The cyclist here had that car on his back wheel all the way up the cycle path, and it looked to me that he decided it was no longer worth the hassle, and is turning off to cycle on the other side of the tailback. I've done it myself many times because somebody is gunning the engine while sitting on my back wheel.

Sometimes the cycle lane, which runs for about 800m, is completely obscured by traffic, as you get paralell tailbacks from the junction.

Yesterday, a Gray Line city tour bus pulled out of the line of traffic and into the cycle lanes, and was followed by a convoy of (I counted them) 25 cars. I took my phone out when I saw the cyclist coming with this idiot on his wheel. I was in my car, this was snapped on the phone with my arm out the window.

The worst of it was that a cyclist heading in the opposite direction had to mount the footpath to avoid a clutch of oncoming cars.

Clearly what the drivers are doing here is illegal. I would love to see a few of them get nailed. So I'll be sending a copy of this pic to Kilmainham Garda station, and see if they are prepared to do a few randoms on this during rush hour.

Aside from these driving morons, light breaking cyclists really grind my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

don't moan my hole off about every bloody little thing that doesn't go my way

Harden the fcuk up man

Should we forget about this thread? ;)

That is mad picture unionman. Looks like the cyclist is fleeing for his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

unionman wrote: »
    OK, I have one. Actually this is just one example of a whole host of idiots I've seen doing this in the same place during rush hour...

I would love to cycle against this and stay there till the drivers went around me. Let them beep and go mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Mairt wrote: »
    For me, its cyclists who break the lights.
    QUOTE]

+1 seeing as i got an earful from the other half after she was in dublin last week for 2 days and nearly got hit twice crossing on pedestrian crossings - she would br fairly careful at crossings as well cos she got knocked over by a car in th uk on one several years ago.

so just stop jumping red lights

not a problem here though the nearest lights are 15 miles in any direction

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Should we forget about this thread? ;)

Good work Raam, smart arse, do you think my banter about 1 thing is the same as this fella's ramblin' rant about a million and one stupid little things?

We may aswell close this forum if thats the case

Advertisement