Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you hate the most??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Good work Raam, smart arse, do you think my banter about 1 thing is the same as this fella's ramblin' rant about a million and one stupid little things?

We may aswell close this forum if thats the case

Oh handbags!

Essentially, you are moaning about him moaning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

People on mobile phones worry me most. It's the unpredictability of a person distracted thats the worry.
    3: Guys on big motorbikes stuck in cycle tracks.

I think if there's a broken line seperating the road and the track then it's part of the road and can be used as such by traffic. I as a cyclist and motorcyclist respect cyclists in these lanes if on on my momo. But if its free I'll use it. Likewise if I'm commuting and stuck behind a slow moving motorbike in the track I'll chill out and try to catch their eye in their wing mirror which normally prompts them to move out.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    People on mobile phones worry me most. It's the unpredictability of a person distracted thats the worry.

Yeah, I saw a fair number of people cycling with the mobile in hand during the summer months.

/me adds people cycling with umbrellas to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Harden the **** up , the lot of ye!

How many of these threads do we have a week? Stay positive people. Start a thread about general advice on how to light up and warm up this winter!!!

I recommend some whiskey in your coffee when you get to work, wahey

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

@ unionman. Thats the stretch I'm talking about. My better half has nearly been creamed twice in the last month on her way into work and everyday this week I've had someone pull in infront of me. The Air Zound has paid for itself already!
    I've been onto the gardai and they were happy to take the complaint and log it in. The missus has been on too so your photo would be a great addition to the file.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Raam wrote: »
    Should we forget about this thread? ;)

Had a chuckle at that...nice spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Harden the **** up , the lot of ye!

How many of these threads do we have a week? Stay positive people. Start a thread about general advice on how to light up and warm up this winter!!!

I love these threads they keep me entertained, keep em coming ...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

3: Guys on big motorbikes stuck in cycle tracks.
    Not to mention motorbikes filtering between two lanes of stationary traffic on the N4 and not being able to fit through the gap, blocking me. Although to be fair, m/bikes often pull over and let me through - which shows them to be a lot more observant and aware than other motorised road users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The herald AM/Metro, draped across the steering wheel in the morning, with the car drifting slowly towards the kerb.... and back towards the centre lane.....and back again. Assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

From working in security I've come up with the solution to such things, similar to an access control list.

First of all I hate everyone. I assume that everyone I don't know is an asshole. This is at the bottom of the list. Then, only people that treat me nice, let me enter a lane, don't beep at me etc. get added onto the top of the list. This ensures that no asshole escapes my hate and nice people are treated nicely.

It works well so far and I never need to qualify who exactly I hate!

Although the guy in Unionman's photo may get an extra rule added as being a super asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Good work Raam, smart arse, do you think my banter about 1 thing is the same as this fella's ramblin' rant about a million and one stupid little things?

We may aswell close this forum if thats the case

Hey Tackleberry , you clown could you not see the humour running through my thread?? Some man with the insults like "GIT" and "smart arse" , are'nt we ?? Easy to hide behind a posted mail on a keyboard , of course . Get a life will ya ? ..........oh yeah clown ...( I lowered myself to your level didn't I ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

slow cyclists. especially if your'e in a rush.

I hate...

..roller bladers on the Clontarf track. To the left, to the right, to the left, ipod at full volume. Can't hear you, can't see you, and take up the whole track.

Deisetrek wrote: »
    Hey Tackleberry , you clown could you not see the humour running through my thread?? Some man with the insults like "GIT" and "smart arse" , are'nt we ?? Easy to hide behind a posted mail on a keyboard , of course . Get a life will ya ? ..........oh yeah clown ...( I lowered myself to your level didn't I ??)

I agree with Tackleberry, you're thread is a fail

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Going back to the OP briefly I have to say 'the black lab' Picture 0080.jpg

This one actually got me!

Going back to the OP briefly I have to say 'the black lab' Picture 0080.jpg

This one actually got me!

Jaysus, I hope you chucked a wobbler and got the mutt put down?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Called the Gards, and there is sweet FA they can do......
    Called the owner nothing he is prepared to do......
    Called the dog warden and he tells him off!

Called the Gards, and there is sweet FA they can do......
    Called the owner nothing he is prepared to do......
    Called the dog warden and he tells him off!

I called the dog warden about a dog that nipped me when I was out on the bike and when I was out running. I know the dogs name, but not his exact address. The dog warden said there is nothing they can do without an address.

I agree with Tackleberry, you're thread is a fail

yeah 4 pages of a fail......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

el tonto wrote: »
    That is mad picture unionman. Looks like the cyclist is fleeing for his life.

Yeah, it certainly looked that way. The driver just really leaned on him until he had no choice. I was tempted to jump out of the car and make a scene, but I have a knack of coming off real stupid in road rage situations. Instead, when I drew level with the driver, I rolled down my window and told her she looked great on camera.
    t5pwr wrote: »
    I would love to cycle against this and stay there till the drivers went around me. Let them beep and go mad...

I thought the same, but you'd have to be careful. Some of these guys really hammered it down that lane.
    '68 wrote:
    @ unionman. Thats the stretch I'm talking about. My better half has nearly been creamed twice in the last month on her way into work and everyday this week I've had someone pull in infront of me. The Air Zound has paid for itself already!
    I've been onto the gardai and they were happy to take the complaint and log it in. The missus has been on too so your photo would be a great addition to the file.

No problem. Maybe we could do a random ourselves, take snaps of a few of the cars and buses doing it and add them to the file? I was hoping the reg would be visible on this one but it isn't. I've even entered a few possible variations into Motorcheck, but none of them worked.
    Verb wrote: »
    Although the guy in Unionman's photo may get an extra rule added as being a super asshole.

'Twas a lady, but just one of fifty odd cars who did the same thing over a 10-15 minute period.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hmmm. Is Tackleberry taking on the mantle of Kona? That chair has been vacant for a while.

yeah 4 pages of a fail......

Quality not quantity my good man/lady.

Unionman's post above is the only constructive one so far.

Do most people carry camera's with them these days. I tend to on the bike and generally in the car for other reasons but have found it useful to have in case of incident. Should everyone carry a disposable (sometimes you get them free with car hire places and many truck drivers carry them).

el tonto wrote: »
    Hmmm. Is Tackleberry taking on the mantle of Kona? That chair has been vacant for a while.

He sure has the agro nature for it alright. His streams of rage are slightly more comprehensible than Kona though. He's definitely a contender, but he needs to shove more advice down peoples throats to achieve the throne.

Quality not quantity my good man/lady.

Unionman's post above is the only constructive one so far.

Do most people carry camera's with them these days. I tend to on the bike and generally in the car for other reasons but have found it useful to have in case of incident. Should everyone carry a disposable (sometimes you get them free with car hire places and many truck drivers carry them).

"Quality not quantity my good man/lady."....sorry somebody should have told me when I registered on this forum that I was required to pass a QA tests on my posts?? Judge and jury have identified themselves ... Je**s I'll think twice about trying to inject a bit o' humour onto this forum again .....ok is a 52T 42T chainring combination any better or worse than a 53T 39T ??? .......mmmm that'll get 4 pages of replies I reckon .

"Quality not quantity my good man/lady."....sorry somebody should have told me when I registered on this forum that I was required to pass a QA tests on my posts?? Judge and jury have identified themselves ... Je**s I'll think twice about trying to inject a bit o' humour onto this forum again .....ok is a 52T 42T chainring combination any better or worse than a 53T 39T ??? .......mmmm that'll get 4 pages of replies I reckon .

You are very welcome to the forum. Don't pay any attention to abuse! As it happens, I think a 42 is too much for an inner ring, but that's just my personal preference.:pac:

Obviously different sense of humour there man. I don't count moaning as humour and you don't count criticism as humour. It'll never work.

You should seriously ask your chainring question, I'd be interested in the answers.

Like I said, HTFU and carry a camera

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Speaking of Kona, there was a program on DCTV (Dublin Community TV or something like that) where 4th year school students made their own videos...and one of them was called "Bring on the DJ's" (dirt jumps)...and it featured a blond spikey haired fella, who had a Kona firemountain...which he built himself for cheap cos he worked in a bikeshop. Small world eh.
    anyway Tackleberry...the spot is vacant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Haha this is hilarious stuff, Deise getting his bibknickers in a twist, Raam swinging in with a few blows, really takes the misery outta work, I don't know this Kona fella but I can tell he's my kinda guy, I'd say the reason he's no longer posting is coz winding up all the "gits, clowns and smart arses" in here was just too easy.

Deise your road rage has now extended into the cyber world, what next? My point still stands, harden the fcuk up, and don't use the "hiding behind a keyboard" tagline, its sad and a little pathetic taking it to that level

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

as a car drive, i make a comment.

i am very respectful of cyclists and motorcyclist but i wonder why you cant be more respectful of my nerves.

May be some of the other drivers are telepathic but i havent honed these skills just yet, i dont know if you want to change lanes or just go for a little ramble into to the middle of the road unless you signal - you know, just like indicating.

i only drive to work on the days i have college, my nerves are shot by the time i get to college, i have the unfortunate situation of having to drive up pearse street and gardiner street, there is enough room for both of us on the roads, you could just use the cycle lanes and not the middle of the road.

• Advertisement

Cheer up all. Here's some bike craziness to set a more positive tone.

Colnago_Rominger_proto.jpg

Advertisement