Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you hate the most??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

as a car drive, i make a comment.

i am very respectful of cyclists and motorcyclist but i wonder why you cant be more respectful of my nerves.

May be some of the other drivers are telepathic but i havent honed these skills just yet, i dont know if you want to change lanes or just go for a little ramble into to the middle of the road unless you signal - you know, just like indicating.

i only drive to work on the days i have college, my nerves are shot by the time i get to college, i have the unfortunate situation of having to drive up pearse street and gardiner street, there is enough room for both of us on the roads, you could just use the cycle lanes and not the middle of the road.

Everyone on here signals, and we all obey lights too.
    Don't get us started on the state of cycle-lanes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

as a car drive, i make a comment.

i am very respectful of cyclists and motorcyclist but i wonder why you cant be more respectful of my nerves.

May be some of the other drivers are telepathic but i havent honed these skills just yet, i dont know if you want to change lanes or just go for a little ramble into to the middle of the road unless you signal - you know, just like indicating.

i only drive to work on the days i have college, my nerves are shot by the time i get to college, i have the unfortunate situation of having to drive up pearse street and gardiner street, there is enough room for both of us on the roads, you could just use the cycle lanes and not the middle of the road.

You've just opened up a whole new can of worms there! (be prepared and for future reference don't mention cycle lanes again)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Raam wrote: »
    Everyone on here signals, and we all obey lights too.
    Don't get us started on the state of cycle-lanes though.

i know i understand that but seriously, my heart is in my mouth the whole way home with the cyclists especially those with the holier then thow attitude, i.e. the guy who broke a red light and drove though a green man and then started screaming at everyone to move out of his way, with slight more colourful lanuage.

Not all car drivers are monsters trying to kill cyclist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

I hate the women drivers full stop!They should not be driving and cause most accidents!

end of story:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think the general feeling is that motorists dont TRY and kill cyclists, but rather take unecessary risks.

I was heading up the sally gap with a friend recently, this old lady overtook me then got ready to overtake my mate. At this point we were coming up to a right hand bend in the road and my mate who could see further than the old lady around the corner, put up his hand in the "stop" motion because a car was coming against us. Cue old lady ignoring this and attempting to overtake on the bend.

Much skidding of brakes and shocked faces followed.

My point is, you wouldn't perform this kind of maneuvre if stuck behind a car, so why try it with someone as vulnerable as a cyclist. The worst you might end up with is a few bent bumpers.

@pink fluffy bunny - be prepared to have many shot nerves if driving into town every day. Where are ya commuting from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A lot of cyclists, if not the majority, aren't very good on the rules of the road nor can they ride their bike well. That includes signalling. It isn't that hard to take a look over your shoulder, stick the arm out and then change lane, but unfortunately very few people seem able to do it. Unfortunately for you, its not these kind of cyclists you'll find posting on Boards.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Oops, double post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

My point is, you wouldn't perform this kind of maneuvre if stuck behind a car, so why try it with someone as vulnerable as a cyclist.

Many do (when stuck behind a car). Saying that as a driver and cyclist person

@pinky. It won't be any of us. we all look like this

560976935_68127fa756.jpg?v=0

I actually find it hard to make signals with my left hand. Any little pothole, bump, etc. in the cycle lane and my bike tends to hop up. My right hand isn't very good at controlling my bike (confession: I can't ride with no hands!). I should practice more I know.

I'm the derek zoolander of bikes, I can only turn right!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I actually find it hard to make signals with my left hand. Any little pothole, bump, etc. in the cycle lane and my bike tends to hop up. My right hand isn't very good at controlling my bike (confession: I can't ride with no hands!). I should practice more I know.

I'm the derek zoolander of bikes, I can only turn right!

zoolander.jpg

• Advertisement

Cheer up all. Here's some bike craziness to set a more positive tone.

Colnago_Rominger_proto.jpg

Damn now I wish I didn't order the Langster Monaco, this would have been so much better for my commute!!

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    Damn now I wish I didn't order the Langster Monaco, this would have been so much better for my commute!!

oooh did you buy the monaco? Good choice. I'll keep an eye out for you

oooh did you buy the monaco? Good choice. I'll keep an eye out for you

Ordered last Friday. I'm in the middle of that horrible wait. They said about a week so not long to go now. (Hopefully)

Guys, come on, leave it go.

HTFU has become one of the most overused phrases on cycling forums. Stuart O'Grady has a lot to answer for.

That Colnago looks like something Tunney would ride, going by the size of the chainring.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

you could just use the cycle lanes and not the middle of the road.

I hate the **** cycle lanes.

I hate the car drivers who think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the taxi drivers who think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the bus drivers who think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.

I hate the people who drive in the cycle lanes and think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the people who park in the cycle lanes and think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the road workers who mess up the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the Corporation who created the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the Corporation who don't clean broken glass out of the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the lawmakers who decided that we have to cycle in the **** cycle lanes.

I love the idiots who gave me the loophole of not having to use the **** cycle lanes due to their **** cycle lane signage.

el tonto wrote: »
    HTFU has become one of the most overused phrases on cycling forums. Stuart O'Grady has a lot to answer for.

Maybe so, but sometines it is appropriate
    el tonto wrote: »
    That Colnago looks like something Tunney would ride, going by the size of the chainring.

Doug%20138Bk.JPG

408141814_04887cb7aa.jpg?v=0

clip_image005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Trojan wrote: »

I hate the car drivers who think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the taxi drivers who think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the bus drivers who think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.

I hate the people who drive in the cycle lanes and think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the people who park in the cycle lanes and think that I should be cycling in the **** cycle lanes.
    I hate the Corporation who don't clean broken glass out of the **** cycle lanes.

I love the idiots who gave me the loophole of not having to use the **** cycle lanes due to their **** cycle lane signage.

Feel the love, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

clip_image005.jpg

Helmethead is unmasked...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I hate Sarah Palin.

Feel better now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Myth wrote: »
    One other group that I hate: cyclists on the wrong side of the road, normally coming towards you (and always in the cycle track).

nah i have to get places in time...im not crossing over the other side of the duler just to cross again when i reach my turn..completely pointless. i will always cycle to the side, and onto a path if i see a cyclist comin towards me but go to the other side..LMAO...no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Trojan wrote: »

+1

Also - fellow cyclist suckas I leave behind at the red lights that burn a hole in my back lookin' at me :p

Before I'm killed, I've been a biker (motor) for years and years, and if I've learned one thing about things happening FAST on two wheels - its best to be at the front then in the middle.
    Obviously if its safe to do so. I mean people cross the road on two legs without the aid of traffic lights..how hard is it to do on two wheels?..just fecking look first and use yer cop on.

Gain ground...pull clear of the other sukkas in traffic wherever possible - let the traffic come to you rather than all over you.

Here endith my tale.

See yah ..behind me (in traffic).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i hate cyclists who make it out that its morally wrong to cycle on the path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

unionman wrote: »
    Clearly what the drivers are doing here is illegal. I would love to see a few of them get nailed. So I'll be sending a copy of this pic to Kilmainham Garda station, and see if they are prepared to do a few randoms on this during rush hour.
    I've had better results reporting incidents to the Garda Trafficwatch line (1890-205805) than to the local station. The guy in the station can easily file your report in the bin, whereas via TrafficWatch, it is already recorded on the system, and it seems that the Garda follow up is tracked.
    Do most people carry camera's with them these days. I tend to on the bike and generally in the car for other reasons but have found it useful to have in case of incident. Should everyone carry a disposable (sometimes you get them free with car hire places and many truck drivers carry them).
    I use my mobile phone camera, and submit the reports to BetterDrivingPlease.com and (if serious) to the Garda Trafficwatch line.

[QUOTE=SerialComplaint;57463871

I use my mobile phone camera, and submit the reports to BetterDrivingPlease.com and (if serious) to the Garda Trafficwatch line.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I meant in case of an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Okay. I meant in case of an accident.
    Why would you want a different type of camera in case of an accident?

Why would you want a different type of camera in case of an accident?

no. but i'd probably have less reason to use it than you, that's all.

Advertisement