Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Robbed car with a picture of the seller

Options
  • 01-10-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hope this is in the right place
    A friend off mine bought a car for 13k of this polish Man
    He got the log book and all looked ok
    He was stopped by the cops and they said it was robbed and they were taking it off him.
    But when he was buying it he had a camera with him and snapped a picture off the bloke who sold it .
    Now the big question can I put the picture up here for all to see and please god 1 person might know this con man and let the cops know where he is living .
    I am only going to put up the picture if it is ok to do so .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I'd imagine its a very obvious no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

why not? if it was taken in a public place then the owner of the photograph surely has every right to post the photo.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

and who says the OP is telling the truth? Likely he is, but could also be just trying to flag an innocent person as a thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

for so many different reasons. The most glaring one being that no one has any idea if the op is telling the truth.

He may actually be looking for this man for many different reasons. So he posts a picture here, someone says 'yeah that is John smith etc etc he lives/works here etc'

Op then goes there and assaults the bloke because the only reason he actually wanted to find him was because his ex girlfriend is now going out with this polish bloke. You can insert any number of other reasons in here.

Also it might be just me but its more than a tad strange to take a camera with you to take a picture of someone you are buying a car off ???

The police are the only avenue for something like this.

I would imagine that a lot of people who were robbed of 14k might just make a visit to the bloke before they report the details to the police

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    The boys in blue have the picture and I am only doing this for a friend that is down 13k no other reason .
    Think about it at some stage it might happen to you and by the way if somebody can say where this bloke is they can go to the cops and tell them and not me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Maybe leave it to the guards to catch him - if there's no word after a month then ask the mods can you post it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No, definetly not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement