Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Ourselves?

• 01-10-2008 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I'm Aisling and my husband and I have been trying for 2.5 years. I tried clomid once and it didn't agree with me. Might be trying again soon or going onto injectables or IUI or IVF. I've had enough waiting. I've got PCOS but still get periods and often ovulate.

p.s. I don't want anyone to feel obliged to share their real name......just trying to get some conversation going. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We have just started to try this morning! I had cancer which delayed us trying when we got married but we feel that the time is right now. Am also a diabetic and almost 35 but I am the age that mum was when she had me and she only tried for a month so here is hoping! Good luck to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mind Hunter 85

Hi
    I'm A .
    We've been trying 5 years and 2 months and We've done 3x iui and clomid x2 ,recently had laparoscopy and now just into this cycles 2ww(two week wait) so fingers crossed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm also A, so that makes 4 for 4 of us on this thread.;)

I've only being trying since August. Got pregnant right away but miscarried in September which has made me somewhat crazy about the whole ttc thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

What does A mean? We've been trying since August. I came off the pill over a year ago in preparation. All kind of things keep getting in the way, anti biotics for chest infections, thrush is the latest. I'm 33 and am sooo broody.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mind Hunter 85

Hi Barbiegirl
    in my case and I think in the others to 'A' is the first letter of my name.
    I Know what you mean about things getting in the way of ttc unfortunately thats what happens ,well I guess those things happened before to but we notice when trying to conceive as they affect it specificlly.
    Hopefully it won't be long now for you before you get your bfp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 curly_girly

Hi! I'm Emma. My husband and I have just started. Came off pill start of this month and practicing away like goodo!

We concieved immediatly but am paranoid that we will loose this little one (am only 6 weeks gone), had a miscarriage 9 years ago at 8 weeks so a bit nervous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 prissylee

CathyMoran wrote: »
    We concieved immediatly but am paranoid that we will loose this little one (am only 6 weeks gone), had a miscarriage 9 years ago at 8 weeks so a bit nervous.

Cathy,

That is great news. Have followed your story and delighted to hear you are preggers again. The very best of luck to you. Keep us posted. (I have nothing to add really just that have one mth left of pill & then hope to embark on the ttc route!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

barbiegirl wrote: »
    What does A mean? We've been trying since August. I came off the pill over a year ago in preparation. All kind of things keep getting in the way, anti biotics for chest infections, thrush is the latest. I'm 33 and am sooo broody.

Hi

Good luck to you all.

trying now for 14 months - no luck...

have now gone to doc. wanted to wait the 12 months

we are both in our 30s and desperate for a child but not sure about the ivf route...

have to wait to after xmas for next steps so in the mean time i suppose we keep trying... god, makes me sound like i am sick of trying... never thought that would be the day!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 carmelite

Hi,

My husband and I have been ttc for about 3 months now - jsut started it properly this month though i.e. making sure we did the deed on the right dates.

Hope things are going well for you CathyMoran:D

• Advertisement

Well next time I will not say that I am pregnant until it is born...we miscarried today at 9.5 weeks, in about three months we will be trying to concieve again, or rather I hope we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Well next time I will not say that I am pregnant until it is born...we miscarried today at 9.5 weeks, in about three months we will be trying to concieve again, or rather I hope we will.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately they are very common, so whatever you do don't blame yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

very sorry to hear your news.

I hope you can try again soon and dont blame yourself as these sh1t things happen..

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 curly_girly

Really sorry to hear that cathy. My thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I'm very sorry Cathy.

It is with a heavy heart that I am withdrawing from this list - a work situation in my mind caused the miscarriage and I cant put myself through another one. I loved being pregnant and do not regret our baby but I have to draw the line.

Advertisement