Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Inland Ireland is cooling?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

After looking at the excellent September Summary given by Pat on the other thread - I noticed that he said:
    At 12.6c, it is the first (though marginal) below average month we have had in 2008 (-0.2c). South Connacht and North Leinster coolest areas in general.

Now I have been watching the Met's Monthly Data site for Birr have shown that September was the fourth month this year to record a below average temperature month and looking around further, Mullingar is reporting five below average months.

It is at this point that I feel it was a grave mistake closing Clones and Kilkenny stations as we have no data for those stations to also reflect upon.

So, the question begs, are we going to start freezing from the centre of Ireland outwards to eventually engulf all coastal areas //excluding Bray// this winter? :D

Advertisement