Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Installation Time - Galway?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Ordered TV an BB off Ntl online on the 8th of september with a delivary time of AM on the 18th. I also selected the ring me if an earlier time comes up option.

So last friday I ring NTL to see what is the story with my order as as I still haven't heard from them. After about 10 mins or so i get through to a girl and explain that i would like an update on my order. She tells me that they don't have access to online orders. I ask for a number to call, she says there is none, only an email address.

So i send an email on friday morning to them asking for an update. I also asked why i couldn't find this information out over the phone (when i was including my confirmation email in the email i sent i notice it says "Ring this number if you have any questions"..... the number I rang!

So it is now Wednesday night, still no reply. What should I do?

Im in college and probably wont be living in Galway come June, so im only getting till June, so the longer it goes the more expensive each month in between becomes (if that makes sense). Has anyone else ordered Ntl in galway around the same time and got sorted?

Thanks

EDIT: Any alternitives to NTL? Can live without Tv if its decent enough internet. There is a phone line in the house so thats an option. Ntl would be costing us €50 for 10mb and TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just to update this:

Still no reply to my email on monday evening (5-6 working days at that stage) so I rang them.

Went for the sales option (1. cause i dont have an accoutn number 2. cause you have to wait for less time to talk to someone:) )
    Got talking to somone basically straight away and explained the story

They said they'd transfer me to the relative department, I got transfered somewhere but after 30 mins on hold I just gave up.

I rang again yesterday went for sales again, again got through straight away. Explained the story and this woman was much more helpful than the other two(despite me telling the 3 of them the exact same info)! She was able to tell me they did try and ring me, I told her I didnt remeber getting any missed calls and that I definitly didnt have any messages about it. She appoligised and set me down for installation this Friday morning.

When I asked would I lose my free installation now because I was after organising it over the phone she said that she'd sort it out that I wouldn't. NTL need to clone this one :)

Advertisement