Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 20mb download limits.

Options
  • 01-10-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

This is a stupid question, you have been warned. I know the site says *no cap but I've gone a little bit mad since we got this about 2 weeks ago and downloaded about 40gb worth of stuff already, is there any way at all they'll decide enough is enough and start charging me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,146 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'd imagine the might start asking questions when your over 100gbs or so? (maybe im wrong though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I'm pretty sure it's not 100GB - back when they were going to upgrade the 6Mbps users to 12Mbps, they had a stated cap of 120GB. It then became a 20Mbps package, with no cap, subject to fair use. Essentially, that means nobody other than UPC really knows - at least yet. There's discussion of this in other threads - look here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055355957

They won't charge you if you go into high usage. They'll probably send you some kind of warning to slow down (I got one of these back when the 40GB cap was in place) and if you keep it up, eventually they'll just disconnect you but there's nothing in their T&C (for now) about charging you extra.

The main problem with the "upgrades" is that the speeds seem very flaky, I've had times where my 20Mbps has dropped to a nice 54Kbps - below dial up!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

My Download Logs for past few months.

July Up/Download 127.53GB
    Aug Up/Download 90.18GB
    Sept Up/Download 89.93GB
    Oct 3.1GB

No warning letters or anything sofar id say its capped at around 150gig or so if u push that constant u will hear from them..

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement