Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crown or Implant

• 01-10-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice, I have already 4 crowns with root treatment which are three years old and need to be replaced. I have a choice of replacing the crowns and root treatment again with a possible question mark over the lifespan (5+ years maybe) or 2 implants with a bridge for the middle two. I have chosen the dentist but just looking for advice on road to go down.

Also has anybody got any advice (pro's/con's) on front teeth veneers?

Any help appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bo0

A lot of the crowns I have had over the years have come out at some point or other.

On the other hand I have 1 inplant which has lasted 8 years so far
    and is as good as the first day it went in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Thanks for the information, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I agree, I had a crown a while back that didn't last too long but i have several implants and they are great and will last.

have you decided what route your going to take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Implants it is, thanks for the advice. With the crowns they would have to be redone in a few years but the implants should last longer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

what happens if you get crowns in and like 2 months down the line they come out does the dentist do them again for free or will you have to pay again?

I need crowns on my 2 front teeth; i havent used them to eat in years because the caps are weak and just wondering would they have a longer lifespan if i didnt use them compared to teeth at the back? cheers for the help (sorry for hijacking your thread borderfox :P)

• Advertisement
Advertisement