Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Nine Lives' S.A.R Book

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have just read Nine Lives by David Courtney. Its the memoir of an Irish Search and Rescue pilot. The first half of the book gives a very interesting insight to his work in Air Corps SAR and the second half is about his SAR work with Irish Helis/Bristow/CHC flying the S61. I thought it was fascinating, and surprisingly well written...usually pilots memoirs are poorly written ego trips but this well crafted and a must for aviation enthusiasts in ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Got it yesterday, gonna crack at it this weekend.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Sounds good...thanks for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

available in easons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

David Courtney! That name rings a bell. Aer Corps 1981 to 1984? I think he was in the flight training school during that time or BFTS as they used to call it.

I think I will look up that book.

Gentleman indeed.

• Advertisement

Foggy43 wrote: »

I think I will look up that book.

Foggy, the ISBN is 978 1 85635 602 2

www.mercierpress.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Saw it in easons dundrum last night, 16.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Steyr wrote: »
    Foggy, the ISBN is 978 1 85635 602 2

www.mercierpress.ie

Thank you for the info. I will see if it is available in the UK first. If not it will be a case of, Mum.....you know Christmas is coming........could you.......

Advertisement