Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

air intake

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

what could cause the air intake to clogg up with sh1t. brought car back to garage after failing nct 3 times on emissions. was told today the intake was clogged up. the dude brought it to the nct after working on the car and it passed. he also said if he didn.t fix the clogging i would have to put a new engine into my 02 punto. is that true?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

when was your air filter last changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Mouse nest? Dead bird? A prank? What exactly was in there? :confused:

At least we now have a new suggestion to offer when someone posts looking for advice after failing NCT emissions!

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just re-reading this; you failed three times on emissions. Did you bring the car anywhere after each failure (and indeed before the first test)? If you did, then I would possibly consider changing mechanic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

he said it was black sot of some sort. brought back to the same guy twice

Advertisement