Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi cycling jacket

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

hi,anyone pick up one of the crane bike aldi cycling jackets? ( very fredish ) just wondering if theyre any good. look good enough but would be nice to know if they are good for cold,wind,sweat etc.
    tks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

The rain jacket was too sweaty - no comparison to the altura crosslite i subsequently purchased. The non-rain jacket i have no complaints - decent and warm bit of kit. Reasonably brethable. The current gear looks a bit different design wise, i bought this stuff last year and the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Havent tried the rain jacket yet, but looks like you get sweaty.
    Myself and one of my spin companions were wearing the winter full zip Aldi jacket on Tuesday, and it was cold and wet around Wicklow.
    We compared notes on our tea stop in Ashford and both agreed that this was a nice snug warm jacket for Winter, well worth the measly €20, just a pity I only bought 1. The half zip winter jersey was well worth the few Euros too, and I also got a few pairs of the socks and they surprisingly very warm and comfortable. The gloves seem more suited to Motorbikes, but I'm sure I'll be damn glad of them up around Laragh and Roundwood in the Winter

The Winter bibtights on the other hand are ill fitting and plasticy, but will do for cold, wet, mucky days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Steeplechase

A lot of wear on the arse/crotch of my winter trousers already, after only about 700km riding, but the were only €13 so cant really complain...

Jacket is fine, a good bargain. Been wearing it over a t-shirt when it's just a bit too cold for a normal jersey, and it's a bit sweaty, but shouldn't be a problem when the temperature drops.

The jacket was great on a morning like today!

Wish I remembered to bring gloves with me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, the jacket was great this morning. Wore a light Tshirt underneath and I was toasty but not sweaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

been wearing the windproof jacket (the fabric one) and got to say its great very comfy and very windproof on the front and lets the sweat out the back very good for the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Myth wrote: »
    The jacket was great on a morning like today!

Wish I remembered to bring gloves with me though.

I couldn't get the jacket in XL r XXl :o but I wore the Aldi gloves for the first time this evening, and they're fantastic.

I've an older pair of Aldi bottoms with lots of miles in 'em, still looking and fitting like new and very warm and breathable.

Advertisement