Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Religion?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Hi Maitri, the reason I do not agree with you is as follows. This type of practice is not seen to be the same as sex in general. This is spiritual sex conducted for a different purpose than procreation or gratification. .

Bah! Sex is sex. :D

It is Hindu-Vidic in basis and in addition it is conducted to honor the male and female Hindu gods. If you look into this a bit more you will also find that taking any pleasure from the act is seen as a failure.

From what I was told taking pleasure is ok, clinging to pleasure is a failure for sure and shows that the person is not yet mature enough for the practice.
    and it takes place under the guidance of the participants Guru who watches it. Its not about sex, its about releasing energy together to experience a combining of energz one cannot experience on your own. .

That was also what I was told when I asked about it. It was also something about the female spirit penetrating the man's mind/heart as much more important than the physical thing.

Its acceptance is very controversial and It is certainly not mainstream Buddhism which does not worship Gods and Goddesses.

True. Also the Gods/Goddesses are viewed more as potentials within every human being that "real" beings "out there", as I understand it.

Don't know much about it though. It's not really my cup of tea, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I if had to pick it would be Christianity. I was brought up as a Christian and I'm familiar with the culture.

Admittadly, Islam freaks me out more than most religions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MrDaithi

I'd choose Buddhism.

It's more a philosophy of life than being told to believe into and worship an all mighty deity.

There isn't as much non-sense as in the other religions and they don't reject scientific discoveries.

Also... I want to levitate... can be handy to go to work... Woooooshhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I've always liked budhism to be honest. A great religion in comparison to the rest.

I'm currently re-reading Shogun* and really getting into the Buddhist/Samurai belief system and way of life. Karma :D

Christianity would be about the last I'd pick to be honest. Flying Spaghetti Monster would come before it.
    I think that its more because I was very religious when a kid. I was duped into Christianity and it had a large effect on my early life. I used to cry myself to sleep when I was 7 because I couldn't understand why the bad jews let Jesus Christ, their savour, die such a horrible death :rolleyes:

*A fictional book, but an excellent excellent read. Would advise you to read if you have not.

Advertisement