Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Land Rover sells only 1 car in September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Boo hoo.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Well with the tax on most passenger vehicles going up to 2000k after July and the state the commercial market is in, anyone who would of bought new, would of done so before July. Although saying that the Freelander did come down a bit and they 'rounded up' (lol) the tax to 1000. I can't see much more new selling this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,954 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Well with the tax on most passenger vehicles going up to 2000k after July and the state the commercial market is in, anyone who would of bought new, would of done so before July. Although saying that the Freelander did come down a bit and they 'rounded up' (lol) the tax to 1000. I can't see much more new selling this year.

2 million quid? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

MYOB wrote: »
    2 million quid? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ya have you not heard the new tax rates??? lol:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

The reason it says "first 20 days of september" is because they sold a good few at the ploughing, but then again, they probably spent more down at the ploughing in props and advertising than they got back in sales...

Down 97% is a massive drop all the same..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Opportunity: that 1 person........could now be famous !

Imagine if they were the LAST Land Rover customer - then they'd be......infamous !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 68,954 ✭✭✭✭L1011

nevf wrote: »
    The reason it says "first 20 days of september" is because they sold a good few at the ploughing, but then again, they probably spent more down at the ploughing in props and advertising than they got back in sales...

Good point but I suspect they're saying first 20 days as thats traditionally the batch the results are released in. Convenient for the media that it coincided though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

unkel wrote: »
    We knew the times are not so good for new car sales for some brands, but Land Rover only selling 1 car :eek:

What would their new Indian overlords think about that?

Must have been somone sharing that big Euro millions win in Ireland somewhere:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

nevf wrote: »

They increased it by a massive 100% by the end of the month to .... 2! Go Landrover!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Maybe Land Rover registered a load of vehicles before the taxes were introduced and are still selling them. I just find it hard to believe that they only sold one. They probalby sold more but it was registered back before july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

RedorDead wrote: »
    They increased it by a massive 100% by the end of the month to .... 2! Go Landrover!
    haha, brilliant!

Advertisement