Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What school are you guys doing LC in?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

A few people I know have left there school and ended up trying another one just for the Lc as they the school might be ''better''. Just wondering what school you guys are in ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Terenure, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

St. Patrick's Cathedral Grammar School (say that after a few pints:D), Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Hi all,

A few people I know have left there school and ended up trying another one just for the Lc as they the school might be ''better''. Just wondering what school you guys are in ?

Im still in the one i started out in, waaaay back in 4th class/form,

St.Michaels College.

(I only realised recently that its spelt, Michaels rather than Micheals, *shrugs*)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I didn't even know you could spell Michael with the e and the a swapped around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

All you need to know is that it's like nearly every other public school in the country:

- Heating is never put on (until the last day before Christmas holidays)

- Teachers can't control classes, e.g. Desk wars in French. Good times. :D

- There are these cool kids who stand around the back of the school smoking and any time someone else walks by they shout "Does anyone have a fag, man". God I envy them.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My school is eaxactly lie that except we're generally very well behaved and the teachers don't need to control the classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

St. Peters Community School, Passage West, Co. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    I didn't even know you could spell Michael with the e and the a swapped around!

I only found out from my HW Journal that it wasnt spelt like that, i blame the people who steal the Iron letters on the wall outside the school! Thus not letting me know how to spell my own schools name!
    K4t wrote:
    Desk wars in French

While my teacher was away in Lourdes, we had a bible fight, with a huge pile of Gideons we found in the corner, THEY HURT!

And we're the actual LC class for religion, i wonder what the others are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Wow yizzer free with your info.

And what are your PINs, by any chance? E-mail passwords?

My school occasionally had the heating on in summer, inexplicably.

And, wait... K4t, you're saying there aren't cool smoking kids in private schools? What a miserable existence. My school even put a bin up round the back for them to put empty packets etc. in. The ground was always full of cigarette butts anyway, though. Littering bastids.
    Though the smoking spot being beside the 6th year classes was quite funny at times... if the vice principal came into my class, as soon as she left to go to the next one, a girl would leg it down to the smoking spot and tell them to run away before they got caught. With the amount of yelling it involved, though, I don't think they were fooling anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

St Declans College,Dublin since 1st year:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I go to a school in Dublin. It sucks, it's full of skangers and horrible people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Saint Peters College, Wexford.............yup you guessed it, the ferns report place :L:L

We have heating from october the first until 31st march inclusive, no heating outside this time even if its bitterly cold, and if we somehow got a 20 degrees day this month, we'd still have heating! :D:D

But apart from that, no real messing, bitta craic but everyoe gets down to it during classes,,,,,and the smokers arent the cool people, its just all the grundgers nowadays, who no one likes tbh! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

St. Marks in Tallaght. S'alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Beneavin College, Finglas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Before this thread becomes nothing more than a list of schools, if any of you have switched schools, how do you find your new one? Any major differences in approach?
    Better? Worse? The same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I was in a presentation school for 4 years (1st-TY) then moved to a college wihch is way better and you're treated like a person. you get hours set aside for study during school so you get your written work done at school and study done at home. way better method than anything else imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Christ King, Turner's Cross, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Loreto Bray, co. wicklow...
    the heating has yet to be turned on. in the mornings it is actually colder inside than outside. damn prefabs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Institute of Education, eh.. Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

rhapsody! wrote: »
    I was in a presentation school for 4 years (1st-TY) then moved to a college wihch is way better and you're treated like a person. you get hours set aside for study during school so you get your written work done at school and study done at home. way better method than anything else imo.
    Hm, I went to a presentation school and we had supervised study after school for those who wanted it, and some study periods during the day too. (Well those disappeared for 6th year for some bizarre reason, but normally they were there...)

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Before this thread becomes nothing more than a list of schools, if any of you have switched schools, how do you find your new one? Any major differences in approach?
    Better? Worse? The same?
    I've been through 3 schools (now on my 3rd), and im happier than i ever have been before. Not only with the school, but the enviroment, the teachers, the performance, the notes, the students..

Some of the heating has now been turned on in my school
    :cool:

/cheer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

apparently my school can't afford to turn the heating on until november, yet conviently when you walk by the staff room or office you are blasted with heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Colaiiste an chroi naofa -Carraig na bh Fear, Cork.

The heating was turned on for the first time today!:D but I bet you come December theyll realise they cant afford it on anymore and turn it off! Still though for the first time this year the teachers get there own rooms and have started bringing in plug in heaters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daffy-duck

MOUNT ANVILLE!! WHOOP WHOOP

daffy-duck wrote: »
    MOUNT ANVILLE!! WHOOP WHOOP

I know loads of people in that school,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mazda

I'm in the same school in Drogheda I've been in since 1st year. A friend of mine moved this year to a new school and she's still doing no work. IMO it doesn't matter what school you go to whether it's public or private if you're going to work you can work anywhere! I've heard of people going to the Institute for the leaving and doing a lot worse than they were expecting simply because they felt the fact they were in the Institute would help them sail through with no work. I'm not saying that everyone is like this but it just proves the point that if you're going to work you will.

bita history with the ladies from there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daffy-duck

DanOB wrote: »
    bita history with the ladies from there :P

Are u talkin bout us imfamous mounties??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Coláiste Chraobh Abhann, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow.

Surviving six years there will be an achievement :P It's run like a prison camp.

Advertisement