Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any deals on TVs in the Cork City area?

Options
  • 01-10-2008 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I'm looking for a cheap TV. They had a good deal in Xtravision todayt but they were all sold out of them. I went to another Xtravision and they only had more expensive TVs.

They had no decent CRTs in Cash Converter(they do from time to time) and no decent LCDs.

I need one that's 17-21" and costs 220 or under(100 or under if CRT).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I'm looking for a cheap TV. They had a good deal in Xtravision todayt but they were all sold out of them. I went to another Xtravision and they only had more expensive TVs.

They had no decent CRTs in Cash Converter(they do from time to time) and no decent LCDs.

I need one that's 17-21" and costs 220 or under(100 or under if CRT).

Keep an eye out for Currys in Mahon Point, not to mention Lidl/Aldi, who often due these very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

If if don't mind second hand you can get bargains. Mine is a 28" Widescreen CRT Thomson TV. It cost me 150 when I got it 2 years ago. I got it from Maddens Ex-Rental. They'll probably be selling them off for next to nothing now as everyone wants flatscreen TV's and they won't want to be stuck storing them.

To find them go to Tesco Wilton, head south past the roundabout and pedestrian footbridge. Turn right into the industrial estate with the Driving Test Centre at it's enterance. When the road turns right it's into the left. It does not look like a shop, it's just a warehouse. Should be a range of dirt-cheap TV's there. Can't remember the actual address, but i'm sure if you phone them they will have no problems directing you!

Here's a google maps link, it's the buiding slap bang centre that isn't an even shape.
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.872954,-8.511229&spn=0.003027,0.006909&t=h&z=17

Oh, and ye get a three month warrenty

Advertisement