Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico RIP off

Options
  • 01-10-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I know someone with perlico and he has asked me to get advice , Currently he is on the freedom package ( i think , its the one that includes local/national calls + 1mb always on BB )

On the website it says his download limit is 10GB a month , He says perlico told him its 6GB a month.

He also got charged for 2 months of service before he was using it since perlico didnt send out the modem promptly.

Also , he seems to have a unexplained "Excess Internet Usage" charge of €35 on his bill this month ( which was roughly €90 ) and also on a previous month when his total bill was €120 he had the exact same charge for the same amount.

He thinks he is being screwed with , Honestly i think the same.

Any advice/comments would be apprecieated.

Thanks

- Alan

Comments

The excess usage charge comes into play when the cap is exceeded. I think it's 3c per megabyte up to a maximum of €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

has he called them up to ask what the charges are for? Ask for a full breakdown of the bill. If he's not happy with it over the phone, ask them to send it out or email. It's his phone company, they're there to serve him, so he can ask for as much clarification as he likes. Tell him to call up and quote their website back to them regarding the bb cap, it does in fact say 10gb on their site, accuse of them as false advertising if they say 6gb. etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smithalan2

Hi , Yes he did call them up , they say he is going over his download limit. Also i rang them up for him , They said his download limit was in fact 10gb when a week previously he had been told 6gb.

Also , His Bandwidth seems to be disappearing too quickly. So last Wednesday i installed a bandwidth moniter on his computer. We checked the bandwidth after i downloaded it on Perlicos site.

It said there was 7GB left in his bandwidth this month. So he let the BW moniter run away and yesterday we checked it again. It said that the total usage was 780mb downloaded and 30mb uploaded.

We checked on the perlico site and it said he had 4gb remaining left.

Theres definitly something wrong there. We rang up perlico and said it to them , They said they'd get back monday or tuesday with a breakdown of the bandwidth usage.

Anyone else had a similar problem before?

Thanks

- Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

is he using a wireless router? if so, check to see if there's proper security on it, i.e. a WPA key, DON'T USE WEP. It could be somebody leaching off his connection. At full speed a 1mb line could download 3gigabytes of data in 6.6hrs (rough calculation). So it could be somebody illegally downloading on his line. Best check that out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 smithalan2

Yes his Wireless modem is secured. Theres no way anyone could be downloading stuff without his knowledge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement