Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Manufacturer Recalls

Options
  • 01-10-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

hi all

are manufacturer recalls, and warranty extensions country specific??

I bought an 04 accord in the UK, and registered it here. Recently my headlights have started fogging up after a wet spell. Having done a bit of searching, its a known issue and Honda UK have issued a bulletin / recall on it.
    The first bulletin is dated 13.04.07 and says that all 03, 04, 05 model Accord 4 door and Tourers are in the range, 06 model years have the counter measure.
    The second bulletin is dated 16.05.07 and they must be read together.

The warranty on this complaint has been extended by 3 years and there is an overall mileage limitation of 95000 miles so age or mileage, whichever comes first.

The cause is due to insufficient bonding between the lens and the housing which could allow water entry and in cars equipped with HID light units a possible loss of low beam lights.

When cars in the model range are taken to a dealers they should check to see if there is evidence of water ingress and fogging and operation of HID low beam.

If there is evidence of water etc they should replace the headlamps.
    Replacement headlamps have two additional clips per lamp.

Additionally if the inspected vehicle shows no signs of ingress or fogging, and there are no additional clips, the dealer should fit the additional clips to the existing headlamps.

This only applies to model years 03 to 05.

Any queries or problems please contact your dealer.

would this apply in Ireland, just asking here before i ring the local dealer in case i get fobbed off??

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

You would probably be better off contacting a Honda dealer in the North and explaining that yours is/was a UK car. Northern dealers seem to be more clued in when it comes to warranty etc.

http://www.jccampbell.co.uk/ arent far from the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There was a recall on the handbrake of my Civic - but the recall didn't happen in Ireland until about 6 months after they announced it in the UK :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

thanks for the replies, must give the dealer in limerick a ring and see what they say

Advertisement