Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody interested in a GSG-5

Options
  • 02-10-2008 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Its basically a MP5 in 22lr semi-auto
    Anybody reckon we could see them in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

that would be some job for the bunnies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Good little piece.Doesnt strip down as easy as the real HK tho.
    Will proably on the restricted list due to the high mag capacity and or idonlikedelookodat prejudices.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Doesn't look even close to accurate - I mean, it wasn't exactly a great test for accuracy but I'd still expect a better group than that at 50yds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Sparks wrote: »
    Doesn't look even close to accurate - I mean, it wasn't exactly a great test for accuracy but I'd still expect a better group than that at 50yds!

It's a fun gun Sparks! Don't spoil our fun with all this "accuracy" talk!

• Advertisement

:D Have to admit, everytime someone drives past me in a ferrari, I'm wishing I could ask them how they get the shopping done in it allright :D

Hmm, going by Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSG-5 it's basically a .22lr version of an airsoft, rather that a .22 calibre MP5. So you're not going to be expecting great quality quality or accuracy. Comparing the list price to your average .22lr rifle, you're not getting much performance for your money. Comparing it to expensive electric airsoft toys though, you're looking at a lot of plinking fun!

Lighten up Sparks! Someone oughta buy you a plastic AK47 or AR15 style stock for your super accurate Anschutz target rifle. You'll be hooked on useless tacticool crap for life, trust me.

Bloody realistic airsoft so, what with the ejecting .22lr casings in that video clip...

Bloody realistic airsoft so, what with the ejecting .22lr casings in that video clip...

It's a .22 alright Sparks, but it's more closely based on an Airsoft MP5 than 9mm. It can interchange parts (which parts I'm not sure) with the Airsoft, but not with the H&K. AFAIK the only part interchangeable with the fullbore is the forend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

dimebag249 wrote: »
    Hmm, going by Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSG-5 it's basically a .22lr version of an airsoft, rather that a .22 calibre MP5. So you're not going to be expecting great quality quality or accuracy. Comparing the list price to your average .22lr rifle, you're not getting much performance for your money. Comparing it to expensive electric airsoft toys though, you're looking at a lot of plinking fun!

Dont belive everything you read online esp not on Wikipedia. Most airsoft guns are 1:1 copies of some firearm and the accessories for them will fit the real firearm equivelent and vice versa. Im quite sure MP5 parts would be interchangeable but only things like sights, handles and slings. No internal parts would be interchangable between an airsoft MP5, GSG-5 and a real MP5.

GSG make and sell lots of stuff like air rifles, the GSG-5, Aisoft guns and mace/pepper spray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

dimebag249 wrote: »
    It's a .22 alright Sparks, but it's more closely based on an Airsoft MP5 than 9mm. It can interchange parts (which parts I'm not sure) with the Airsoft, but not with the H&K. AFAIK the only part interchangeable with the fullbore is the forend.

I actually bought one (I'm here in the states at the moment)
    Seemed very well built and had quite a bit of heft to it.
    I'll be taking possession of it today and will have it up to the range over the weekend,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

James McBride has one 700 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I want one
    where is this mc bride fella????
    either one of those or a pimped up ruger 10/22

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Meyer

Personally I'd rather have the new .22's from Walther Walther link

2766302.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Meyer wrote: »
    Personally I'd rather have the new .22's from Walther Walther link
    But what for?

No offence, but every semi Walther has produced in .22 has been useless for anything except going 'bang'.

Sorry I should have qualified that with the word 'cheap'.

Of course if you just want something to go 'bang', well your problem's solved. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Meyer

rrpc wrote: »
    But what for?

No offence, but every semi Walther has produced in .22 has been useless for anything except going 'bang'.

Of course if you just want something to go 'bang', well your problem's solved. :D

I should have said if I wanted a .22 plinker...At the moment I'll stick to my .223 semi-auto, much more fun ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

:eek: black guns with pistol grips.................

But what for?
    Well, almost...

2700000.jpg

Well, almost...

You must have missed where I said this:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

If you want a fun gun you can't do better than a 10 22!!

You can get all the "tacticool" stuff you like for them if you really want.:D

• Advertisement

But what for?

Er Walther PPK.22????Much appreciated by Mossad "Kidon" teams and others in the night&fog world.:eek::D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Er Walther PPK.22????Much appreciated by Mossad "Kidon" teams and others in the night&fog world.:eek::D
    Would I be correct in saying that they used those in 'close to barn door situations'?

And I doubt it was cheap either.

Phone booth distances mostly for "wet affairs".;)
    Cant be chucking "Govt property"away willy nilly either..So not overly cheap or ludicriously expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Well Grizzly, if its something for wet work your after? you'll be wanting a PSM.;) Very hard to find 5.45 bottlenose ammo though...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement